Bacon and Eggs – I can’t get away from them. I think they must be imprinted in my DNA so you can imagine my annoyance when every time I serve eggs the girls turn their nose up (they do things as a couple).
They will eat the bacon, they adore sausages and most other components of a Full English BUT they will not go for an egg.
So I had to become cleverer than them right? (yes that must be a word)
I have tried boiled, fried, poached you name it.
I have given them Creme Caramel which obviously works for all the wrong reasons but I got the eggs in.
I need a way to get the girls to eat eggs, I’m not sure why, it’s become a sort of challenge now so I find myself thinking up all possible ways of doing this. Pasta alla Carbonara has been successful on occasions but if they’re not in the mood I find myself eating it all up.
So I thought of omelettes, or frittatas as they’re known in Italy but I thought I’d take a kiddie view on the situation and came up with muffin shaped frittatas, cake looking ones that would be pleasing to the eye and therefore they would EAT.
Bacon and Cheese Individual Frittatas
- Turn the oven on to 190C
- Coat your silicon muffin tray with vegetable oil
- Add some bacon pieces to each one, top with a little courgette and finish with a sprinkle of cheese
- Beat the eggs with salt and pepper and any seasoning you may wish to add, pour over the fillings leaving a little space before reaching the top as the egg will expand. (see photos below for proof) I had mine too high
- Put in the oven for 25-30 minutes
- Another beautiful view of my beautiful muffins
- Serve for breakfast, lunch, lunchboxes or a child’s dinner too.
I made them today (Thursday, the girls haven’t tried them yet but I will update this post tomorrow to let you know how I got on. In the meantime Paul came home from work and ate three in one go and told me how good they were. Now that is the best compliment ever.
Another way of making frittatas is in one pan like Mummy Central did with her Baked vegetable frittata – perfect for lunch box ideas!