75 sleeps to Christmas! It’s slowly working down and I have received my November issue of Good Housekeeping which is full of lovely recipes for the perfect Christmas dinner which happens to be my other half’s favourite meal of all time. The pair of us have cracked an excellent Christmas dinner between us and soon we shall be finding out who’ll be joining us for our special day, it’s going to be a quiet one for us this year and I’m really looking forward to it.
Have you noticed how the advertising on TV has all suddenly gone toy mad? Not that that is surprising it’s ‘that time of year!’ But we go one better here at Mari’s World, this weeks John Crane toy for you to think about is the beautiful Rainbow Cube, fun wooden stackable cubes
Just look at how high it stacks! 104cms.
The colours are gorgeously vibrant and each side of the cube has a number or a picture, animals, fruit, words and numbers. the cubes are light and easy to handle, they stack away inside each other very neatly making it an easy toy to take out and about and to put away at the end of the day.
The Rainbow cube does an excellent job or promoting hand to eye co-ordination as the child learns to stack them on top of each other, the fact they are all different sizes teaches the child spatial awareness as he/she figures out which size goes next in order to make the tower.
As you can see from our video the girls talked about the animals, the fruit and even recognised the numbers as they chatted together during construction. They enjoyed the puzzle put before them and for me it was interesting to notice how Bessie the more forward twin barges her way in with an eagerness to do it all herself and Alice on the other hand is happy to sit back and let her do as she pleases.
The Rainbow Cube is suggested 18 months upwards and is part of their Explore range where you can find lots of other fabulous ideas.
- Copy and paste on John Crane’s Facebook page – I’m participating in the Mari’s World 100 sleeps to Christmas competition I’d like to find a ….. in my mystery parcel! (Fill blank in with your favourite John Crane toy that you’d like to find in your mystery parcel – go check out their web site)
- Copy and paste on Mari’s World Facebook page – I want to win the 100 sleeps to Christmas competition.
- Visit the John Crane blog
- Follow John Crane on Twitter
- Follow Mari’s World on Twitter
Competition Terms & Conditions:
• This Competition is open to all residents in the UK and ROI over 18 years of age, excluding employees of John Crane and its affiliates or agents, the families of such employees and any other person connected with this promotion.
• The Promoter will not be liable for applications not received, incomplete, or delayed. Last date for receipt of entries is 14th December 2011.
• All entries received by this date will be entered into a prize draw and the winner will be chosen randomly.
• The winning entry will receive £300 worth of John Crane toys.
• The prizes are as stated and cannot be transferred, sold or exchanged. There is no cash alternative. No bulk or third party entries accepted.
• The winner will be notified in writing by 15th December 2011.
• The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control.
• By entering this competition, entrants agree to be bound by the rules and by any other requirements set out in the promotional material.
See you next week for question five and another fabulous toy idea for your Christmas list