Bissell SpotClean: Portable carpet cleaner

Bissell SpotCleanerI am officially old, I can get excited about carpet cleaners, who knew?

Bissell contacted me over the summer holidays and asked me if I’d like to review their Bissell SpotCleaner. Ohh, I thought as I clocked up the stains on the various carpets around the house, there was the tea stain by my bed, the mud stain on the bottom step of the stairs, the juice stain on the rug in the girl’s room and I remembered the glass of red wine stain on the white carpet that happened one Christmas at mum’s. A SpotCleaner could come in really handy if it worked.

I agreed to give it a whirl and was sent through my portable carper cleaner.

Bissell SpotClean

Here is a short Vine of the portable carpet cleaner in action on the tea stain, it was really quick to remove. I was amazed and went on a stain hunt after that initial success.

My first thoughts were on the design as it is very compact and neat and tidy. It will be easy to store and it’s not too heavy to lug around the home whilst in action. Top marks for design.

My second thoughts went to the practical side, how easy would it be to use? Very easy, stupidly easy. There are two tanks, one for the clean water and products the other to suck up the dirty water from the carpet.

The clean water side is very handy as it has marked levels for the water, and the two products used to clean. It really couldn’t be easier and you fill it using hot water from the tap. There are two levels as well, one for small stains and one for large stains.

My first attack was on the tea stain by my bed. It happened one weekend when I was being lazy and brought two cups of tea up to enjoy under the covers with a book, we’ve all done it. I go to pass over husband’s cup to him and ‘Oops’ there went some tea on the clean carpet. Bum.

Muddy or dirty shoes in and out of the house are another easy stain to clock up especially with children around.

The dog has added his own paw marks and then there was the permanent black marker stain but I don’t think ANYTHING will get that one up.

I filled up my machine which was really quick and easy to do, plugged it in, turned it on and started to spray using the trigger on the nozzle at the same time scrubbing lightly with the brush provided. I watched the stain disappear in front of my eyes. Magic.

I moved around the house with ease on a stain hunt and thanks to the long lead was able to cover quite a distance.

The only stain it didn’t get up (which isn’t surprising) is the permanent black marker. Thanks girls for that one!

Verdict

I am very impressed. The Bissell SpotCleaner comes in at £129.99 and includes cleaning product too. It has tackled the stains we had and I shall definitely be recommending it my family and friends.

Disclosure: I was sent a Bissell SpotCleaner for the purpose of this post, all opinions are my own.

Share:

1. October 8, 2015 / 11:18 AM

Oh I could one of these for those annoying little spots that appear, especially in Erin’s room.

• October 17, 2015 / 4:56 PM

The kid’s rooms are the worst aren’t they? :)

2. October 8, 2015 / 11:46 AM

Wow, this looks fantastic! Our carpets are covered in little stains and I keep thinking that we should hire a carpet cleaner to do them, but in truth overall they aren’t that bad, it’s just the small spots, and a portable cleaner like this would be really handy and doesn’t involve moving all the furniture out of the way to clean a whole carpet!

• October 17, 2015 / 4:57 PM

It’s small and compact too so it tucks away very easily in a cupboard.

3. October 8, 2015 / 11:47 AM

My whole living room carpet could do with a going over with one of these. The price isn’t too bad either for what it is! May look into getting one of these for future use!

• October 17, 2015 / 4:57 PM

This model wouldn’t be your best bet for an entire carpet, it would take forever, this is more for individual stains ;)

4. October 8, 2015 / 7:29 PM

I could definitely do with one of these! It look’s like great value too so I think I may have to investigate x x

5. October 8, 2015 / 8:25 PM

How fabulous is that saves you buying new carpets!

6. October 8, 2015 / 9:12 PM

That is so clever! I might buy one and rent it out to all the expats when the leave their houses! :D

7. October 9, 2015 / 9:43 AM

I need one of those – 2 kids, 1 dog and a large very muddy garden means that our house has lots of undiagnosed spots that I would love to remove.

• October 17, 2015 / 4:58 PM

That is exactly it! Undiagnosed spots, GONE!

8. October 9, 2015 / 8:02 PM

Very cool, I love the fact you went on a stain hunt, I’d be the same! Mich x

9. October 11, 2015 / 9:51 PM

I’d be very excited by this!!! We have the little green bissell and it’s been a life saver, well a carpet saver, but you get what I mean. xx

• October 17, 2015 / 4:59 PM

Having seen how well this one works I’d be very tempted to looking into a carpet cleaner now.

10. October 22, 2015 / 1:08 PM

I bought this carpet cleaner with some hesitation because of some comments about water leaking and spillage, difficulty in assembly and having to empty the dirty water too often. I’m well over retirement age and had no problem at all with the simple assembly. Used it for the first time today on some spots at my front door. I had no leakage problem at all, but did use a funnel as someone suggested for filling and it worked very well. Emptying the dirty water wasn’t half as bad as emptying dirty mop water as we had to do many years ago – I have very light beige carpet and keeping it clean and new looking has been a constant battle. It looks brand new after using the BISSEL SpotClean and I really didn’t use all that much product. I did take the time to rinse all the solution and put in fresh clean water for a final rinse- just don’t like the idea of residue – probably not necessary, but it made me feel better. It took no more time that I would have used calling a professional, letting him in, participating in small talk, paying the bill, etc. The product practically paid for itself today. Can’t wait until cooler weather to try it out on my car seats and carpeting! Great Product!