When it comes to holidays, it’s not just the girls that might fancy a few new bits of clothing to add to their suitcase essentials. Guys deserve to treat themselves to some new items, too! When you’re heading to a sunny part of the world, where there’s no sign of rain or storms, you’re going to need some clothing that suits. In the UK, guys are normally happy in a pair of jeans or chinos, a cotton T shirt and a hoody or jumper to keep the cold at bay. However, for a summer holiday, you’re going to need a bit more than that.
Luckily, you don’t have to spend a fortune, especially if you stick to ASDA George clothing, which is both reasonably priced and great quality. With a range of options available, you can pick up some suitcase essentials that would perfectly suit your individual style. Here’s our pick of ten suitcase essentials for the guys!
- Striped T’s are a fab, casual addition to any suitcase. Team with shorts, jeans or chinos – whatever your style, a striped T would be ideal!
- Polo T shirts are also a great, versatile addition for a holiday in the sun. Smart enough to wear in the evenings with a pair of chinos, and casual enough to pop on with a pair of shorts during the day times, polo T’s are an absolute must-have. This Military Polo Shirt for £8 from George is a perfect example of effortless cool.
- A short sleeve shirt or two would be great additions if you’re planning on heading out to a restaurant or two during your stay. In fact, even if you’re staying within your resort, it’s nice to look smart as darkness falls and short sleeve shirts will help you to do that, without overheating!
- Print shorts are casual and cool, and available in a variety of prints. Checked, camo, tropical – you name it, print shorts are a must!
- Swim shorts are a must if you’re planning on taking a dip in the pool, or you’re hoping to spend your days on the beach. You don’t have to risk baring all in a pair of tight Speedo’s with a decent pair of swim shorts – this season it’s the more garish, the better!
- Denim shorts can be casual, and smart, so they’re a great item to take with you if you want something that does more than one job. Choose some smart turn-ups and team with a short sleeve shirt and a pair of canvas shoes or boaters for a timeless look that will impress.
- A pair of flip flops, for the days at the beach and around the pool, is not only essential but won’t take up much space in the suitcase, either. Don’t worry about spending a fortune on designer ones either – cheaper alternatives do the job just as well.
- Chino trousers are a great, cool look for the evenings. If you want to be bang on trend, the slim fit options are a must. Alternatively, the simple straight legged chinos are also available.
- Sunnies, whether you’re taking your Oakley’s and hoping you don’t lose them, or you’re planning on picking up a cheap pair, are essential – especially during the peak sunshine hours!
- A light jacket, for the milder evenings (and the return home to drizzly England)
Be sensible with what you pack, mix and match your clothing and pack tidily and you won’t mind your other half taking over your space in the suitcase!