Summer in London: Festivals in the city to look forward to

Travelodge double room

What better way to enjoy the sunshine this summer than by heading to a festival that showcases some of your favourite musicians, bands and artistes from around the world? While you could easily head to a field in the middle of nowhere to enjoy the mud-ridden festivals such as Glastonbury or Download, you could alternatively stay in the heart of London and enjoy one (or more) of the London festivals that this vibrant city has to offer. Stay in the city affordably by booking a Travelodge in Covent Garden, right in the heart of the city, and enjoy one of these fantastic festivals that can be found in the city this summer.

Lovebox – Victoria Park – 18-19th July

If you’re up for a party and a chance to dance your socks off, Lovebox is it! With plenty of artistes being announced already, including the awesome Chase & Status, attendees will be in for a real treat this July. From live bands to DJs and electronic acts, Lovebox is a melting pot of all things funky, with both underground and mainstream names topping the bill.

lovebox logo

Wireless – Finsbury Park – 4-6th July

Having moved home, again, Wireless is back this year at its new digs in Finsbury Park, with a star-studded line-up to suit. From Kanye West to Pharrell Williams, you can guarantee yourself a festival to remember, with some awesome R&B and hip-hop tunes to fill the air. If this is your scene, Wireless is the place to be this July.

Field Day – Victoria Park – 7-8th June

It’s the first time that this festival spans an entire weekend, and that change should go down a storm with fans of the event. With a whole host of alternative acts planned, ranging from pop and rock to dance, Field Day is arguably one of the best festivals in the city and it’s certainly one not to be missed.

Whether you’ve been to the festival before, or you’re willing to try something a little different, Field Day has a whole load of talent ready in the wings this year, including rock giants, Pixies, that’ll be sure to bring in an almighty crowd.

British Summer Time – Hyde Park

This 10-day stint that gives people the chance to appreciate music of all shapes and sounds is back, with some top names topping the bill throughout the festival. From boy band faves, McBusted (McFly and Busted combined) and Backstreet Boys, to Canadian rocker Neil Young, Hyde Park is in for a treat this summer, and so is anyone who decides to join the party.

So what if the heavens decide to open and flood the grounds with rain? So what if mud seeps into your shoes as you try and wade through the fields and walkways? Grab your wellies, your shades and your best dance moves and spend a weekend appreciating the festival experience in the heart of London this summer. Festivals don’t have to be in the middle of nowhere, you know!

Disclosure: This is a partnered post

Share:

1. May 6, 2014 / 1:38 PM

I would love to go to Wireless. Finsbury Park is such a great venue for live music. We saw Oasis there a few years ago and loved it.

Off to investigate the others now!

• May 6, 2014 / 9:32 PM

Last festival I went to was V Festival before the girls were born, I miss them as they are such good fun. I never saw Oasis but would have loved to

2. May 6, 2014 / 1:39 PM

Ooh we don’t have any festivals planned yet, I need to check these out as we can easily get in and out of London in a day.

3. May 6, 2014 / 2:07 PM

Thanks for the heads up Mari – bound to need to book a London hotel soon x

4. May 6, 2014 / 2:45 PM

British Summer Time sounds awesome. I wonder if Mr B and I could persuade the grandparents to babysit?

• May 6, 2014 / 9:36 PM

It’s worth thinking about isn’t it? Hope you make it

5. May 6, 2014 / 5:48 PM

So lucky to be in London and be able to go to the festivals! I would love to go to wireless again.

• May 6, 2014 / 9:37 PM

Ohh you’ve been? I haven’t yet and would love to go

6. May 6, 2014 / 9:05 PM

I haven’t been to anything like this for ages. you’ve inspired me. I love live music.

• May 6, 2014 / 9:38 PM

So do I Sandy and it’s been so long since I last heard live music, can’t wait to go again one day

7. May 6, 2014 / 9:39 PM

Exciting. I am going to Wireless but in Birmingham – it’s the same acts though :)

8. May 6, 2014 / 10:13 PM

A perfectly timed post as I plan our festival timetable! I’m liking British Summer Time as a prospect – Neil Young is on my ‘Must see before he pops his clogs’ list ;-)

9. May 7, 2014 / 4:51 AM

Gosh, reading this makes me realise that I really didn’t make the most of living near London when we did. There are so many things we could have taken advantage of but didn’t. Fingers crossed you get a lovely sunny British summer for all those festivals!

10. beck
    May 7, 2014 / 6:04 AM

Oh how I would love to live i London in the summer!

11. May 7, 2014 / 7:13 AM

My brother used to live near Love Box festival, will see which of these he lives near now as might be housesitting for him while he honeymoons – he doesn’t know this yet ;)

12. May 7, 2014 / 8:01 AM

Living so close to London we’re actually really bad at making the most of what this wonderful city has to offer. Now that Master C is that bit bigger and more mobile I’m really hoping that this summer is the one when Mr C and I get to properly introduce our kids to the London that we know and love. A great list to help us start to reconnect with our favourite city and the one where we first met. x

13. May 7, 2014 / 4:08 PM

Ooooh, I love the idea of all those!

14. May 8, 2014 / 10:00 AM

Oooh you’re twisting me arm Mari! Have never been to a festival as we don’t have a car but am LOVING the sound of Field Day *wanders off to look at tickets*