Jay Mountford – the wedding photographer

Jay Mountford Wedding photographer

I was banging on for ages on the run up to our wedding in March just how excited I was that Jay Mountford would be capturing the moments of our wedding and now it’s time for me to tell you what it’s really like having her there whilst you prepare for the biggest day of your life.

Trust me, the day whizzes by and before you know it, Jay will be saying, ‘Right that’s me done, wishing you all the best and I’ll be in touch when the photos are ready.’ Maybe not as abrupt as that but there will come a time when her work is done.

and you will be sad.

This super woman, amazingly creative, little bit bossy, funny, chatty (dirty laugh) lady will go and you’ll be left with that ‘I wish it could have lasted a little bit longer‘ feeling. Not because she skips away before her time, no no no but you find yourself having amazing fun whilst she’s around. Here take a look at this video that Oliver Kiell kindly made of her at work then you’ll really get the feel of what it’s like…

Jay Mountford Photography Trailer from Oliver Kiell on Vimeo.

You can see on Jay’s wedding photography blog a great selection of photos she took of us on the day, then Boho Weddings featured her stuff too as they liked it so much (my incy wincy celeb moment) and here’s a small selection of my favourites from that very special day now over a month ago.

spring wedding bouquet
My beautiful spring bouquet

mother and son
My beautiful daughter in law Oana and gorgeous grandson Evan

wedding preparation shot
My sister in law Tracey zipping me up

me wedding

I can’t decide which B&W or colour?

bridesmaids
My gorgeous bridesmaids waiting to go

me and dee 6

My brother Dee who gave me away

husband and wife

paparazzi

I love this shot!

Friends from italy

My lovely friends who came over from Italy to be with us xx

5 generations 9

A portrait shot of the 5 generations – my nan, my mum, me and Paul, my four children and my two grandchildren LOVE this one

Mari & Paul, 10

Portrait of me and Paul – I love the colours

my wedding cake

My mum made my wedding cake for me and the decoration on the top layer is from a dress she wore on her 18th birthday <3

wedding cake and cupcakes

Got to do her hard work justice!

evan choc

and somebody who enjoyed a bit of chocolate

I could go on forever and I wouldn’t bore you as all the shots are stunning so if you’re undecided I promise you she’s good, she’s better than good and will become such an important part of your day you’ll love it.

Go book her now and tell her I sent you ;)

1. MumReinvented
    April 10, 2013 / 7:31 PM

Love your wedding photos! They’re all gorgeous, but the one with all 5 generations is such a lovely photo to have. I love Jay’s photos, only seen her in action at the first Cyber Mummy a few years ago though but she was such a laugh and the images she takes are amazing, I can imagine she makes a wonderful wedding photogrpaher!

• Mari
      Author
      April 11, 2013 / 3:08 PM

I was there at that session too. I turned up late and she ‘shouted’ at me but like you say all in good humour. If I had to do it all again I’d go straight back to her, in fact I’m waiting for my two older kids to tie their knots now :)

2. Downs Side Up
    April 10, 2013 / 9:53 PM

Truly stunning photos as were you, Mari I have alump in my throat. The most stunning wedding cake I have ever seen and some beautiful, loving shots. I always favour black and white portraits somehow. Go for both! H x

3. Kelly Innes
    April 10, 2013 / 10:26 PM

you couldn’t bore me. I love weddings and I love Jay’s photography. I am actually jealous of both.

4. Danielle Askins
    April 11, 2013 / 3:19 PM

Beautiful photos, and I LOVE that cake!

5. April 11, 2013 / 4:25 PM

Was it really a month ago? Looks like a brilliant day, beautiful photos, you look gorgeous – love your dress xx

6. April 11, 2013 / 10:44 PM

Beautiful photos- just can’t decide on the one I love best. x

7. Becky Goddard-Hill
    April 12, 2013 / 3:30 AM

Really am impressed with these shots Mari…well done jay! and Mari what a gorgeous family you have and you look truly lovely. My fave has to be the fellas all trying to photograph you you could make a wedding thank you card from that shot its a classic!

8. mummyglitzer
    April 12, 2013 / 1:10 PM

I can’t believe it was a month ago! What lovely photos.

9. April 12, 2013 / 1:29 PM

First of all, many congratulations! It looks like it was a wonderful day, and the photos are stunning as usual from Jay x

10. Nell@PigeonPairandMe
    April 13, 2013 / 7:37 AM

What beautiful photos – congratulations! Looks as though everyone had loads of fun. My favourite’s the shot of the papparazzi :-)

11. April 18, 2013 / 3:14 PM

She’s just so talented! Gorgeous, gorgeous images! I bet you’re over the moon with them!