Following on from my Easter To Do list where I am happy to say the guest room has had a first coat of paint, the potatoes have been planted, seeds have been planted and the garden has been weeded on one side – massive progress, I’m sure you’ll agree.
*Round of applause*
Anyhooo, Kate from Kate Takes Five does this fab Listography feature and the latest refers to her kids and what they have to look forward to in life. Let’s face it, growing up when you’re small looks so awfully boring, you could stay cocooned forever in your den listening to One Direction, chomping on endless Easter eggs and life is sweet but we know there’s so much more to life, here’s a list of five things that I list for my girls to look forward to
1. Keys – the thrill to being handed your very first keys to your very first apartment, most likely rented, possibly a bedsit but it’s all yours and a space that quickly will become the messiest tip on earth but still all yours and no one to say ‘Tidy that mess up!’ On the downside, at some point you will have to, tidy it up that is.
2. Kiss – The thrill of your fist real kiss and falling in love. The butterflies in your stomach, the worrying if he likes you as much as you do him.
3. Wages – Oh Boy! You have worked goddamn hard BUT you get your pay packet, money that is all yours to spend or save as you wish. My first job was serving in a fish and chip shop in town. It’s still there, Reliance Fish and Chips and I enter with fond memories. I worked there for a few months before landing a superior job as cashier at Safeways :)
4. Gig – The first ever gig you attend will be an amazing experience. You will fall in love with music, you won’t realise that such magnificent experiences are out there and why hadn’t you tried it before. My first gig was with my friend H and we went to see Depeche Mode. It was fantastic and we went to see many others together including Toyah Wilcox and Kajagoogoo – does anyone else remember them? Giggle
5. Pub – Ordering your first half a lager, maybe choosing to add a drop of lime to it, or blackcurrant, maybe getting a round in!?! That takes time when you’re a student and every hard earned penny needs accounting for but the trip to the pub to meet with your mates is a great laugh and one you will look forward to weekly. One you will plan what you’re wearing, who you really hope will be there and many a brainstormed idea will start in this very place.