The week that was 365/8

OMG. OMG. OMG.

I am seriously running out of time and can’t believe that half term week is almost over! Where did the week go? Why does it always go so fast? I don’t want the girls to go back to school, we are having such fun and I love having them around.

On Friday straight after school, I bundled the girls into the car and set off ‘op North’ to mum’s for a long weekend. A huge treat for me and whilst my fiance was in Barcelona on his stag do looking like this we enjoyed being molly-cuddled and spoilt by my mum.

Stag in Barcelona

Saturday – Mum and I took the girls to a cake shop as she will be making our wedding cake, mum used to make them before retiring a few years back and her sugar work is fabulous. We loved looking around the store and I chose one of the cake’s from the sugar class as last week’s Silent Sunday here’s what we have been inspired by

Cake inspiration

Sunday – We took the girls for a walk to the local duck pond but not one duck swam over for our crusts, they were full to the brim and basking in the sunlight which begs the question – do ducks bask?

Bilsthorpe - Copper Beech

Grandad treated us to Sunday lunch at the local pub The Copper Beech and it was delicious! I was amazed at the huge portion served and the really reasonable price that you’d struggle to find anywhere within the M25 these days.

girls playing

The girls are making cakes out of the bubbles in the bath ;)

Monday – time to set off home but we had so much fun – we invited ourselves back over Easter! I love these smiley faces here as the girls are larking around next to mum.

girls and nonna

Tuesday – the week is COLD!!! It’s freezing out there. Our days start with cold and frosty mornings and end with stunning red sunsets

frosty mornings and red sunsets

Wednesday – we drove over to Kingston and had a bridesmaid dress rehearsal, now I can’t show you yet but I did love this shot as the girls were checking out their dresses.

dress rehearsal

Thursday – I have settled my bill with the florist and gone through what I’d like for the wedding. You know after so much Pinterest inspiration and hoping to get it right, all I can hope is the florist sees my vision and translates it to what I’m hoping will smack of spring. I struggled to source enamel jugs to put the flowers in but have gone for this which I hope is fun, quirky and different – what do you think?

teapot

Friday – Last day of half term and I haven’t got half the things done I wanted to do. I meant to finish off painting the woodwork and radiator in the guest room. I meant to bake some muffins with the girls, I meant to do all the ironing. My whole life is being taken over with the wedding preparations at the moment and I will admit that it has crossed my mind ‘I can’t wait till it’s all over.’ Even though I know this is just as important part as the day itself. TWO weeks to go…

lipstick

That, dear readers is trying on lipstick and doing my own hair with a few hundred clips…

playdoh

That is making a massive mess with PlayDoh but oh so enjoying it

baby daffodills

And that is sitting in my kitchen window reminding me daily that spring is so very very close. Have a great week everyone

Mari x

TheBoyandMe's 365 Linky

1. February 23, 2013 / 9:58 PM

Lovely photos from the past week and the girls look so cute.

You even managed to capture a photo of me this week

• HerMelness Speaks
      February 24, 2013 / 9:03 AM

Have the most wonderful day, Mari. I remember an old lady coming up to us just before the wedding and saying ‘If in everything you think about the other person’s needs first (without exception and no matter how hard), your marriage can never go wrong.’ Have never forgotten her, although I’m not sure who she was as she wasn’t on the guest list! Sending you the best of all good vibes. HMSx

• Mari
        Author
        February 24, 2013 / 11:15 AM

An angel! What a beautiful thing to say and thanks so much for passing it on. A pleasure to hear from you HMS, sending massive hugs and hope to see you sometime x

• HerMelness Speaks
          February 25, 2013 / 8:15 AM

Me too. There are certain people I hope to see in 2013…and you’re on the list!

• Mari
      Author
      February 24, 2013 / 11:15 AM

And you’re looking good!

2. Elaine Livingstone
    February 23, 2013 / 9:59 PM

looks like you had a great time at the grandparents, cant wait to see their dresses

• Mari
      Author
      February 24, 2013 / 11:16 AM

LOVE being at mum’s, I find myself talking non stop all weekend :)

3. February 23, 2013 / 10:14 PM

Gorgeous pictures Mari! All capturing a really exciting time!! Can’t wait to see your cake either!

• Mari
      Author
      February 24, 2013 / 11:17 AM

I just need to get through the next fortnight and be really on the ball so as not to forget anything and then I’ll eat cake

4. February 23, 2013 / 10:46 PM

Your photos are stunning. The ones of the duck pond are beautiful, I love the reflection in the water.

• Mari
      Author
      February 24, 2013 / 11:17 AM

Yes, I liked the pond ones too, shame the ducks didn’t want to be photographed

5. February 24, 2013 / 12:36 AM

ok firstly, your girls are just beautiful and will make such pretty bridemaids for you.
    secondly, your husband to be had to wear that outfit??? lol how funny! sounds like your trip last weekend was lovely and those cakes are amazing!!! ooooh your wedding is not far away now is it???? eeeek x x

• Mari
      Author
      February 24, 2013 / 11:19 AM

Jenny, I’m starting to panic, still so much to do and only 13 days left. Fingers very tightly crossed that I don’t forget anything xx

6. An Exeter Mum
    February 24, 2013 / 11:14 AM

Looks like such a busy week! A great selection of memories captured here. Your girls are gorgeous! Those cakes look divine and the view from your home looks lovely!

7. February 24, 2013 / 12:58 PM

Wow, what a week! The wedding will be worth all the mania I’m sure!

8. jfb57
    February 24, 2013 / 2:49 PM

Such a brilliant read! Thanks for sharing!

9. February 24, 2013 / 8:05 PM

Gorgeous photos. Loving the cakes, they look delicious and very pretty. Your girls are just gorgeous!

10. February 25, 2013 / 10:33 PM

You’ve had a lovely week by the looks of things and the wedding preparations are really knotting together. I think those cakes are excellent, love the huge white one, but with your Spring theme I’m debating you’re going for the top right one?

Thanks for linking up.