Don’t you just love it when the recipe turns out just as you wanted it to? This Easy Recipe for Carrot Cake is just what you’re looking for and what’s more it took next to no time to put together in my Cuisinart Food Processor.
If you turn your nose up at the thought of a cake made with carrots, I’m going to have to ask you to try it just once as you’ll be amazed just how delicious it is. Carrot cake is very moist and with a cream cheese frosting you’ll find you can’t stop at one slice.
I made mine for Mother’s Day last weekend, the girls helped by adding the shredded carrots to the processor. Actually there was very little for them to do other than lick the bowl out as the method is so simple.
Ingredients225g carrots peeled 100g walnuts 175ml vegetable oil 150g caster sugar 3 eggs 1 tsp vanilla essence 150g self raising flour 1 tsp baking powder 1 tsp cinnamon 1 tsp salt Icing 85g cream cheese 50g butter 2-3 drops of vanilla essence 100g icing sugar
Method as followed in the Cusinart booklet
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F gas mark 4
- Grease and line a 20cm cake tin, (I used a silicon one for the first time)
- Insert the shredding disc into the large work bowl and shred the carrots. Remove from the bowl and set aside.
- Insert the large chopping blade into the large work bowl. Add all remaining cake ingredients and process until well blended. Add the carrot and mix together with a pulse action.
- Turn into the cake tin and bake for approx 1 hour 15 mins, or until the cake springs back when gently pressed.
- Cool in the tin for 5 mins and then turn out onto a cooling rack.
- For the cream cheese frosting, place all ingredients into the cleaned work bowl and process until smooth. When the cake has cooled completely, spread the icing over the top and sides