I’m off to Italy on Saturday, the main reason for my visit is to meet my grandson Evan who was born on 30th January, 5 weeks early but I haven’t been there since Gracey’s Christening in 2010, that’s a long time to wait so naturally as time gets closer I’m thinking of all the things I want to pack into my brief visit.
- Cuddle Evan, meet him and introduce myself, nonna Marianne.
- Cuddle Gracey, catch up with her and remind her who I am.
- Hug my kids Tommy and Megan and tell them all over again how much I love them and miss them.
- Hug Oana and tell her what a wonderful brave mother she has been, let her know I will be there for her whenever she may need me.
- Sit down and enjoy a home cooked meal with my family around me, I’m taking a bottle of the Jacob’s Creek fizz I won participating in English Mum’s Bake Off to celebrate Evan’s arrival.
- Catch up with my friend Enrica for a good chin wag that has been two years coming.
- I hope to see my friend Cinzia and her 3 daughters, Alice – who I am godmother to, Linda and Adele, I have sweets and chocolates for them.
- Visit my friend Romana for some afternoon tea.
- I MUST have a cioccolata calda con la panna, I need a cioccolata calda con la panna and I will take a photo of one for you.
- I MUST go to Enrica’s Benetton shop and treat myself to some brand new size 10 goodies for the new slim me and some bits for the girls too :)
- I must take a photo of Kate my Red Baron duck on her first trip to the Dolomites, fingers crossed a beautiful panorama.
- I would like to make Strangolapreti with Max but not sure if there’ll be time to do this one.
- Must go to the supermarket and buy some olive oil, a huge block of Parmesan cheese, some Baci and stock up on wine too.
- I’d like to buy a copy of the Settimana Enigmistica and see how much Italian I’ve forgotten.
- I’d like to drink a ‘Bicicletta’ with my friends, an aperitivo made with bitter Campari and white wine with a ‘scorza di limone’.
- I would love to have a quick ski but I think you can see that’s not going to happen this time round.
- Eat a ‘proper’ pizza with radicchio and speck on it – I’m drooling.
- Take hundreds of photos to record every single moment, videos to put on You Tube and look back on to cheer me up when I’m sad at being so far away from them all.
My BA flight leaves Gatwick and arrives in Verona 15.50 on Saturday my return flight leaves Verona 16.35 on Monday, time is of the essence and I have to pack as much in as I can.
Can she do it?