Do you like coffee? Do you like Martini?
If you answered yes to both of the above then I think you might like to try your hand at Jo Pratt’s Espresso Martini cocktail.
If you answered no read on for a chance to win a cocktail shaker and Jo Pratt’s latest book In the Mood for Entertaining
Jo Pratt will soon be a world famous chef. She has worked with Gary Rhodes (who went to the same college as I did) Gordon Ramsey and Jamie Oliver. She published her first book back in 2007 In the Mood for Food and more recently In the Mood for Entertaining. Gaggia The Italian Espresso Machine coffee makers per eccellenza got together with Jo and dreamt up some delicious cocktails that are easy and tasty and most of all they will impress your punters!
I have a marvellous prize up for grabs a copy of Jo Pratt’s latest book In The Mood for Entertaining AND a cocktail shaker The book is divided into four sections, Two’s company, Relaxed Entertaining, The Dinner Party and Feeding a Crowd which cover most of the times you’re likely to have to prepare food for others and impress. With sections like the Ready, Steady, dinner party you won’t have to slave over a hot stove all day either!
Ingredients1 ½ shots of espresso 1 ½ shots of vodka (you could try a vanilla infused vodka which also works well with the coffee) 1 ½ shots of Kahlua (Some people add in a shot of Crème de Cacao also)
- Make the espresso on your espresso machine or do a Nigella and buy at your nearest Coffee store
- Put a large handful of ice into a cocktail shaker
- Add in all your ingredients
- Add the lid on and give it a good shake for half a minute
- Strain into a chilled martini glass
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Competition open to UK and Eire residents only I’m afraid (sorry)
- Participants must be over 18 years of age
- The competition will close on Friday 13th January – lucky for one!
- All entries received by this date will be entered into a prize draw and the winner will be chosen randomly
- The prize is as stated and cannot be transferred, sold or exchanged. There is no cash alternative. No bulk or third party entries accepted
- The winner will be notified by email, Twitter and via Mari’s World Facebook page
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control
- By entering this competition, entrants agree to be bound by the rules and by any other requirements set out in the promotional material