Pudsey is an enormous hit with my girls, luckily my raffle ticket got pulled out at an event last year and we came home with the gorgeous Pudsey bear you see here. A favourite pastime of the girls is serving tea and cakes to their growing collection of softies and now Pudsey can take pole position as his month is almost upon us
Pudsey Bear cupcakes
An easy recipe that takes 20 minutes to prepare and a further 25 minutes to bake. Children can help too.Ingredients 225 g unsalted butter 225 g golden caster sugar 4 eggs 225 g self raising flour 1/2 tsp vanilla extract For the decoration 500 g icing sugar 160 g unsalted butter 50 ml milk 1/2 tsp vanilla essence yellow food colour coloured choco beans black writing icing
Watch out for Allinson’s self-raising flour showing the cuddly bear on the front as for every bag sold a donation is made to Pudsey’s Children in Need fund.
How to make Pudsey Bear Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C/ 160 degrees C fan/ Gas 4. Line a muffin tin with 12 muffins cases.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until pale, add the vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time, beating until mixed. Gently fold in the flour.
- Spoon the mixture into the cases until half full.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden brown or a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow cakes to cool on a wire rack.
- For the frosting use an electric whisk to mix together the butter and icing sugar then add the milk and vanilla essence and whisk until light and fluffy, then add a few drops of yellow food colouring to achieve a bright yellow frosting.
- Using a palette knife, smooth some frosting onto the top of the cupcakes, places some choco beans on the top left side of the cupcake for Pudsey’s patch, then use the black writing to draw in his eye, nose and mouth.