How do you photograph Mari’s World?

Tara has set a prompt this week for The Gallery that I think will throw many, myself included. She asked us to express our blogs in a photo! How can I do that? My blog is about my world that would be a hundred and one photos right?

So I thought I’d take a photo of the place where I blog. Let me introduce you to my office as such, my creative room which as you will see for yourselves is a complete mess. Why? Well I use the dining room table to set up the lap top which allows the girls to play around me and for me to be hands on when arguments need breaking up, toys start to get thrown across the room and I need to be hands on. This table, which gets cleared for meal times is also used as I get ready my To Do lists, note the Easter gift bags ready to go, a M&S bag containing a shirt I bought for Paul which needs changing, a brown envelope containing an Easter gift for Gracey in Italy (yes, I know I’m late on that one). There’s a notepad beside my PC in case I get inspired and can quickly jot down my thought or if I’m lacking inspiration, I can consult to see what ideas came up on other days. I usually have my camera to hand and now my Kodak camcorder which I’m getting more and more used to these days. I’ve posted my vlogs on You Tube if you’re curious…this link takes you through to my channel!

Of course the ironing is out of shot, those blankets draped over the play house are full of grass and need shaking out, the washing machine is just behind that door and I can hear it whirring half cycle and there’s no drink as I’ve just taken my mug to the kitchen behind that wall with the orange red oil painting there that I intend to knock down when I’ve got an extra £20 grand lying about. as I take this photo of my ‘desk’ behind me sit the girls, today employed in Easter Craft work that Red Ted Art would be proud of, in fact if you’re looking for ideas to keep the children occupied over the school break then click on Red Ted Art andyou’ll have a whole linky of ideas from wonderful ladies all over the blogosphere, enough inspiration to keep you going for months

Keeping the girls busy whilst I write - doesn't always work

This post was inspired by seeing Karin at Cafe Bebe do a post inviting everyone to post a picture of where they write, I missed out as I spotted it too late but here is where I write and now you know too. If you are curious to see where other people create nip over to the link and have a look.

And for photographs showing how each blogger interprets their blog head over to Sticky Fingers

1. April 20, 2011 / 7:44 AM

That looks like a special kind of a creative room – loads of fun for the girls. I am glad that I am not the only person who needs a degree of chaos to create my own order!

2. Mom-on-a-Wire (Alethea)
    April 20, 2011 / 9:46 AM

I much prefer a true to life shot that some styled one that belongs in a magazine! Bloggers are real people, that’s what makes it so much fun!

Great post!

3. April 20, 2011 / 9:21 AM

Ohhh! I AM proud of all your Easter Crafts (not that I can see them, but it is enough for that you are making them)!! And love the girls doing some sticking at their little table.. I find we can ONLY craft under supervision – else disaster ensues ;-) certainly no time for me at the computer then!

I wish I had £20k lying around too… would re do our kitchen/ living room area in a flash!!!

Thanks so much for the mention and for the peak into your world!

Maggy x

4. April 20, 2011 / 10:05 AM

First of all, those girls are gorgeous. Secondly I love the homelife that is shown in that photo!

5. Sarah @Sarh
    April 20, 2011 / 11:10 AM

lol at the look on your girls faces. They look like you made them sit there and pose ;)
    I’m glad to see your house looks as chaotic as mine x

6. Hannah
    April 20, 2011 / 11:59 AM

I love your workspace.

I want it.

7. April 20, 2011 / 1:05 PM

well done you for achieving so much amongst so much! love the girls at the table – we have that table! don’t do enough crafts. great view of the theme

8. April 20, 2011 / 1:14 PM

Same place I am sat right now with play doh being created all around. I have t stop every few minutes and cut chips for them! lol

Mich x

9. April 20, 2011 / 2:48 PM

Looks like a fantastic, colourful and chaotic place to blog. Brilliant!

10. Mama syder
    April 20, 2011 / 4:05 PM

I Love your space! Great idea for today’s gallery…I love it. Your girls are adorable! x

11. Debbie
    April 20, 2011 / 4:33 PM

Great looking space! Now, do I dare go up and photograph mine?

12. April 20, 2011 / 4:31 PM

I am so nosy, I love looking at where people blog! I just blog wherever, mainly on my living room floor! x

13. April 20, 2011 / 4:35 PM

Great photo’s, your girls are very pretty. We have that table but yours look unblemished! :-)

14. April 20, 2011 / 5:55 PM

I really enjoyed reading this post and feel that I know you just a little bit better now. Love your creative room and your beautiful girls x

15. SAHMlovingit
    April 20, 2011 / 8:36 PM

Lovely to see your write space Mari and a great post. It’s a really homely home. Oh and I know I’ve said it before but your girls are gorgeous x

16. April 20, 2011 / 8:45 PM

Gorgeous girls. Looks like they are having lots of fun with those crafts.

17. Jenny Paulin
    April 20, 2011 / 11:35 PM

Your work place is such a hive of activity and creativity! It’s great to get a sneaky peek not Maris’s World at home. Your girls are so gorgeous too :) it’s a great take on the theme x

18. April 24, 2011 / 7:02 PM

Awww, they are soo sweet, I would love for my daughter to be able to play a musical instrument @Kahanka