The Gift of Christmas and red knickers

iced duck pond

I would like to introduce my sponsor for Cybermummy 2011 – Loud Karaoke from California. I am absolutely blessed that they chose me and I hope to do them justice. Maybe I shall break into song during the conference, sign up to audition for the X Factor ( a secret dream that will never be realised but that I like to practise in the shower) or be ‘discovered’ by a major recording label and become the next SuBo? You never know.

As I write I am ‘almost there’ most of the presents wrapped, major shop done just teabags and bananas to get, Cards all posted – I think? I hope! Now I must just wait for it NOT to snow so I can make my brother’s home for a delicious meal (my 1st year in six that I won’t be in the kitchen!) and a fun day.

Christmas Eve, we have the family coming to us for a traditional fish and chips supper, from our local take away who produce a sterling job, we shall tuck in excitedly as we wait for Father Christmas to drive around the estate, passing just in front of our new house (handy that!) In fact here is a photo of the chap himself, we took the girls to their first trip to meet Santa last Monday, Alice cried all the way through and Bessie watched from the safe comfort of my arms, she even laughed in places! I think you’ll agree that is a massively impressive beard he has there.

santa in grotto

Boxing Day we’re at Paul’s family for a slap up meal and a lot of fun and then on the two days following we’re at home, no plans just enjoying our family. I can’t wait to play with the girls’ doll’s house and Paul has managed to get a train set on the girls Christmas list so that should keep him amused for a while.

One last thing I must mention is RED UNDERWEAR. Whilst living in Italy I learnt that an important New Year’s Eve tradition is to wear Red Underwear to bring good luck upon oneself for the coming year. How can I refuse? Red is not a colour I wear that often underneath so this provides me with a wonderful excuse, after all we all need a little extra good fate don’t we? So I’m telling you in good time, hunt through your drawers for that piece you haven’t worn in ages, order online or nip out to the shops (rather you than me) but make sure as 2011 breaks over the horizon YOU and yours are suitably attired to reap in bags of good fortune for 2011.

1. Francisca
    December 23, 2010 / 12:55 PM

Red is the color of auspiciousness and luck in China. Today I learned that red underwear worn into the new year brings luck to Italians! Too funny! Maybe I should try it… All the best of the season to you and yours!

• December 24, 2010 / 10:20 AM

Go find some red undies, you MUST try it :) Happy Christmas to you too

2. JDaniel4's Mom
    December 23, 2010 / 1:04 PM

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas! How wonderful that Santa comes by your house.

• December 24, 2010 / 10:21 AM

..isn’t it! Can’t wait to see the girls faces this evening

3. Jen
    December 23, 2010 / 2:51 PM

Have a wonderful Christmas and I look forward to hearing how the girls get on with Santa :) Jen

• December 24, 2010 / 10:21 AM

Same to you Jen, have a marvellous time and look forward to chatting – hopefully with more time – in the NY x

4. December 23, 2010 / 3:25 PM

Congrats on your CyberMummy sponsor. Great pictures too! Have a merry Christmas!

• December 24, 2010 / 10:22 AM

Thank you Jennifer, must nip over now and book my ticket but might have to wait till after Crimbo – too much going on today. Happy Christmas to you too

5. Pondside
    December 23, 2010 / 3:31 PM

I love the idea of the red underwear!……if I move quickly enough there may be some new red underwear under the tree to go with the pj’s that everyone just knows will be the Christmas Eve gift. Merry Christmas!

• December 24, 2010 / 10:23 AM

Quick! Run! You will feel wonderful in your new red undies, I promise :)
      Merry Christmas to you too.

6. December 23, 2010 / 4:20 PM

Your Christmas plans sound perfect! And so does the New Year’s Eve underwear scheme. heehee

Merry Christmas to you…

=)

• December 24, 2010 / 10:24 AM

Go Granny Sue, get yourself some red undies and see in 2011 in style :)
      Merry Christmas to you too

7. Judie
    December 23, 2010 / 8:59 PM

Our cousins in Canada celebrate Boxing Day but I have never know exactly what that was. I might have to get Rod some red underwear for his stocking!

• December 24, 2010 / 10:26 AM

Absolutely yes to red underwear for Rod and Boxing Day is just another days holiday tagged on to Christmas making it an extra long break. Handy because we get to fit both families in and everyone is happy! Happy Christmas

8. December 27, 2010 / 7:54 AM

awesome post…LOVED the pictures!! yes santa’s beard IS impressive :)
    I’ll have to look into the red undies thing.

Warm, Bright blessings of the season to you and yours!

Susan

• January 1, 2011 / 3:42 PM

Thank you Susan, I hope 2011 brings you joy, love and laughter

9. December 30, 2010 / 11:05 AM

ohh massive congratulastion on the sponsor Mari. I love Karaoke! and if I say so myself I rock a good Tina Turner! Maybe they want another twin mummy to join you? lol

Hope you have had a great Christmas and wishing you a very happy new year.

Mich x

• January 1, 2011 / 3:44 PM

Thank you Michelle. Maybe we’ll belt out a couple of sons together eh? In the name of Twin mums :) Hope 2011 fulfills all of your dreams

10. December 30, 2010 / 8:00 PM

What a wonderful post! Loved your pictures and the story you shared here.

Thanks for a happy holiday link.

I’m sorry I’m getting here late, but perhaps I can be a bit early in wishing you a 2011 filled with adventure, fun and joy!

A+

• January 1, 2011 / 3:45 PM

I apologise for not leaving comments this week – I just ran out of time completely. I will do better in 2011

11. JallieDaddy
    December 30, 2010 / 9:07 PM

Red underwear? Hmmm – does that apply to blokes as well? Not sure I have any, but I’ll have a look. Hope all went well for your Christmas!

• January 1, 2011 / 3:45 PM

Of course it does!!! You must get some in for next year – promise! Hope 2011 is a brilliant year for you