Sometimes I get stuck about what to write here and on days like that I pop over to Mamma Kerr’s blog. She has an amazing list of all sorts of things to do and today is one of those days. I have been busy pottering around the new house, I hd guests to entertain and I haven’t thought my blog out, so here’s some of my answers to the Firsts questions.
Welcome to The Queens’s Meme #44 ~
The Firsts Meme
(a totally random and useless meme about firsts)
1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
A. I must remember to take the bins downstairs, it’s rubbish day.
2. Where did you go on the very first vacation of your life?
A. Cornwall with mum and dad.
3. Open the door of your refrigerator. What is the first thing you see?
A. The last two pieces of Paul’s Toblerone given to him on Father’s day – eaten, I couldn’t resist.
4. Tell us about your first kiss OR your last first date.
A. My first kiss was a very brief wet affair with Mark Simmons. I was at at Jojo Bryant’s birthday disco and I’d had a crush on MS for ages. After the kiss we both went back to our relative groups, ie him with the boys and me with the girls and I don’t think I spoke to him for the rest of the evening! I think we were in 3rd year senior.
5. If you had wings to fly about the universe, where is the first place you’d land?
A. I think I’d start with the Maldives, maybe on to Antigua, a bit of island hopping in the Caribbean and over to the Easter Islands. I could go on forever, but that would be a good start.
6. What is the first thing you do when you get in your car?
A. Ask the girls ‘Right, shall we go?’ and then start the car.
7. What is the first thing you ever said to your firstborn?
A. Everything’s going to be fine.
8. What is the last thing you heard about your first love?
A. That his son is hoping to go to University and study sport science (?) – his sister was here this morning :)
9. If you had created the world in seven days yourself, what would you have created on the First Day?
A. I can’t remember what God created on the first day but I think he did it pretty well, so I’ll copy his plan.
10. What is the first song in your IPOD or song list?
A. Oh God, where’s my iPod? I have no idea and it’s not charged so I can’t turn it on either. (If I knew where I’ve put it that is!)
11. What is the first tangible thing you lost that you could never find again?
A. A beautiful bracelet from Singapore and a gold bracelet given to me by an ex. I lost them on my move from Broadstairs college to my life in London. Gutted and still think about them occasionally now.
12. Who is your favorite First Lady of all time?
A. Jackie Kennedy – no question about it.
13. Post a link to your first blog post.
A. http://marisworld.wordpress.com/2010/01/12/hello-world/ Makes me cringe re reading it!
14. When was the last time you needed First Aid?
A. Can’t remember, does buying eye drops in Italy for my terrible hayfever count?
15. Can you explain what a first down is in football?
A. You what? That has to be American football so no, I have no idea.