…and I cannot wait a moment longer :)
Lake Garda Peschiera at the southern end is our destination and I am a woman of many lists right now.
Ours is a Keycamp holiday and we’ll be staying in a three bedroom mobile home with all home comforts to make sure we have an enjoyable stay. Luckily through Keycamp we were able to book travel cots, high chairs, a baby bath and a potty which cuts our luggage down dramatically, however I do need to think about the following
- clothes, shoes, cardis, jackets etc x 3
- Bed linen and travel cot mattresses for the girls, pyjamas, teddies, baby monitors, egg room temperature thing
- Kitchen – sponges, tea towels, barbecue tools, mugs, salt and pepper mills, multipurpose cleaner, plus more
- beach gear – 2 bags! Plus toy bag
- Toys, books, puzzles, Twin DVD player plus DVD’s, My first Scribbler
- blow up swimming pool plus bag of balls and bubbles with bubble maker
- Portable docking station plus iPod, cards, Yahtzee (still can’t find it!)books, needlework and laptop plus dongle
- First Aid kit ie plasters, savlon, germoline wipes plus our stuff ie Nurofen
and much more will be thrown in the car – just in case – as we’re packing.
We’re driving down through France and stopping off for a night in Hotel L’Escale in Brumath which we found on www.booking.com. The journey is 810 miles and we downloaded it from Keycamp’s routeplanner. We’ll also be using the Eurotunnel for the very first time and I’m really looking forward to the experience.
We shall be leaving home at the crack of dawn for our 7.20am crossing and I have a picnic planned for breakfast, lunch and snacks throughout the day. I love the ‘Aires’ in France along the motorway which make for perfect stopoffs allowing a toilet stop, a run around in a green grassy area, tables to eat at and even showers at some!
To keep the little ladies amused I have invested in 2 x My First Scribblers from the Early Learning Centre and a bag full of books, teddies and little people which seem to be a firm favourite right now.
I am sure to have forgotten something as I have been packing our house up contemporaneously so as I seem to have lost the Yahtzee I will most likely forget other bits too but the important thing is going and once we’re there getting on with having fun together as a family. Of course, it mustn’t be forgotten to mention I’ll be seeing my other two children, my granddaughter and many many friends who I haven’t seen since last August.
Ciao ciao :)
Here’s what we thought of our Keycamp Holiday