Cooking just got a whole lot tastier and easier with the new OXO #HerbsandMore range, little pots of fabulous flavour that add a bit of verve to all your cooking. OXO sent us the range for us to have a go at and said they were so simple to use even the kids could do it. So we put them to the test and we had a lot of fun.
Beef and Ale casserole recipe – the making
Beef and Ale casserole recipe
Like I said loads of fun and dad said the best casserole he’s tasted yet. It would also be perfect for batch cooking find out more on Frugal Family
- 3 tbsp seasoned flour
- 500g diced beef
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250 g chopped mushrooms
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 150 ml good ale
- 300g beef stock
- 1 x Rosemary and Red wine Herbs & More
- To make the seasoned flour: Place circa 3 tbsp of plain flour in a pot, add a mixture of herbs and spices and mix. this time I added mustard powder, cayenne pepper, onion salt, black onion seeds, asafoetida, fleur de sel with grilled spices.
- Add the beef to the seasoned flour and coat on all sides.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and brown the beef, put to one side.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and fry for 2 minutes, add the onions and fry until softened.
- Add the balsamic vinegar to the pan. Transfer all to a casserole dish.
- Add the stock and the ale. Add the Herbs & More pot to the casserole and stir well.
- Cook in a slow cooker on high for 4 hours, on low for 8 hours.
- Cook in the oven 160C for about 2 hours
Chicken and vegetable risotto
But that’s not all, the girls took to cooking extremely well so one lunch time we made a Chicken and vegetable risotto with the Lemon and Thyme flavour pot.
Another time we made a delicious lasagna using the Rosemary and red wine pot. It was really tasty.
We’ve been adding them to all our favourite recipes
Vegetables will never taste bland again. Take a look at the many recipes on the OXO Herbs & More page
The OXO Herbs & More chefs at work
The sky’s the limit so have a go yourself. Tonight I’m making a Chicken, Ham and leek pie and I shall be adding a Lemon and thyme flavour pot to the mix too.
Disclosure: This post is in collaboration with BritMums and OXO, I have been compensated for my time. All opinions my own.