The latest Leappad apps to be downloaded onto the girls machines are Mr Pencil and Minnie Mouse Bow-tique, both have kept them amused for a long time and both games were easy enough for them to get started straight away without me having to intervene.
- Learn how to write letters and numbers and create art as you help Mr. Pencil and his friends save the town!
- A pair of twisters has erased the signs, shapes and lines of Doodleburg! Learn how to write and draw as you join Mr. Pencil and friends to return the town to its former glory.
- Create your own art using cool tools, colours, filters, stamps and effects. Become an animator by creating your own flip book.
- As you play, you can earn badges for your achievements which can then be converted into LeapWorld tokens where you can customise your Mr Pencil game. Or use your tokens in LeapWorld where you can adopt a pet, play games and earn rewards.
- Parents can connect to the online LeapFrog Learning Path to see what their child is playing and learning, and explore ways to expand their child’s learning journey.
Mari’s World Verdict: I’m impressed, the girls will play with this game for a good length of time and when I ask them to stop they protest – sign of a good app. I had a go myself, there is writing practise, number recognition and help in learning to draw. I really like it but it does drain the batteries – get a charger!
Minnie Bow Tique
This game is about to be launched here in the UK and we got a sneaky preview of it so we could write this review up. It’s aimed at 3 – 5 year olds.
It’s a busy day at Minnie’s Bow-tique—everyone’s getting ready for a super secret surprise party! Join in the fun and help Minnie and Daisy turn ribbon and dazzles into beautiful bows for all of their friends. Builds phonemic awareness and memory skills while encouraging creative play.
- Play three curricular games to prepare for the party, including Ribbon Roundup, Butterfly Bows and Daisy’s Dressing Room. Plus, enjoy the Bow Design Studio and Hide & Seek with Cuckoo Loca.
- Match colors and letters in Ribbon Roundup to help create new bows! Difficulty level adjusts to the player’s skill level for just the right learning challenge.
- Help Daisy pack up her special Butterfly Bows. Identify a word by blending sounds. Grab the bow with a picture of that word. Correct answers sparkle and are packed up for delivery to happy customers.
- Play fashionista and help Daisy design a festive look for the party! Use logic and memory skills to help Daisy find the perfect bow, blouse and heels for the big party!
- Craft Minnie’s fa-mouse bows in the Bow Design Studio with ribbon, dazzles and glitter.
- Teaches word sounds, letter recognition, memory skills, logic & reasoning and colors.
Mari’s World verdict: Another great game aged at children 3 – 5 and for that reason my girls get quickly bored with it as they don’t find it challenging enough. I would imagine this game to be PERFECT for pre-schoolers who are still learning about colours, letters and numbers. It would really encourage them to learn