40 days till Christmas guys and my Facebook timeline is buzzing with people talking about starting their shopping, even completing their Christmas shopping, how’s it going for you? In all honesty I have 2 boxes of chocolates and a couple of stocking fillers. I even went to buy two presents off of my list yesterday and the shop didn’t have them! So I am going to have to work harder. Ideally I’d like to have it all done by the end of November, surely it can’t be that difficult?
It’s now the 9th week out of 13 for the Craniac Christmas Competition, I hope you’ve kept all your answers safe, if you are new to the competition, don’t fear, you’re still in with a chance, find all of the answers for the 8 questions so far, all of which can be found here on Mari’s World and be ready for December 13th for the details on where to send your answers.
Today I’m showcasing a classical all time favourite of mine the John Crane Nativity Set, I’m a sucker for Christmas, I love the whole shebang but I also want my girls to understand the story of Jesus along with other classics from the Bible. Apart from the struggle Mary and Joseph went through to find a place that night ‘against all odds’ springs to mind – the thoughts of humble, pure and love shine through all important aspects of our major annual celebration that maybe get lost with all the presents, food and fun and these are what I’d like my girls to remember. After all if it wasn’t for this story we wouldn’t have Christmas.
Beautifully made wooden pieces that are ideal for little hands to pick up and put down, a sturdy stable and a click on star make this toy the perfect story telling piece and a game to play on the run up to Christmas. When I lived in Italy I heard of families that would set the stable up under the Christmas tree and to play out the story would have Mary and Joseph travelling with their donkey around one side of the room and the kings travelling around the other until Jesus arrives in the stable with the family on Christmas eve, the shepherds arrive Christmas Day and the Kings following on with their gifts on Epiphany 6th January, this is how I plan to use our Nativity Set
If you are interested you can buy one at Born To Toddle for £26.50 or check out the John Crane website for retailers close to you.
Here’s a short video of the girls discovering their Nativity Set for the first time
The NINTH Craniac Christmas Competition question is….. What is the name of the song written by Bob Geldof and Midge Ure in 1984 that made Christmas Number One and stayed there for 5 weeks becoming the biggest selling single of UK Chart History? Check out the John Crane High Tea set for a clue
If you’re new to this treasure hunt of questions let me remind you that there are £300 worth of John Crane toys to win just by visiting every week and answering the questions we have laid out for you, a mystery parcel will be put together and sent around the 15th December in time for the Big Day. Just jot down all your answers somewhere safe and on the last week (13th December) you will be given an email address where to send your answers with a 100 word tie breaker so have a little think about that. You can find all of the questions on this blog by using the search box at the top right hand side and searching for Craniac Christmas Competition. Here’s last week’s question 8
For extra entries
- Leave a comment below to tell us you’re in!
- Copy and paste on John Crane’s Facebook page – I’m participating in the Mari’s World 100 sleeps to Christmas competition I’d like to find a ….. in my mystery parcel! (Fill blank in with your favourite John Crane toy that you’d like to find in your mystery parcel – go check out their web site)
- Copy and paste on Mari’s World Facebook page – I want to win the 100 sleeps to Christmas competition. And LIKE the page whilst you’re there
- Follow John Crane on Twitter
- Follow Mari’s World on Twitter
Competition Terms & Conditions:
• This Competition is open to all residents in the UK and ROI over 18 years of age, excluding employees of John Crane and its affiliates or agents, the families of such employees and any other person connected with this promotion.
• The Promoter will not be liable for applications not received, incomplete, or delayed. Last date for receipt of entries is 14th December 2011.
• All entries received by this date will be entered into a prize draw and the winner will be chosen randomly.
• The winning entry will receive £300 worth of John Crane toys.
• The prizes are as stated and cannot be transferred, sold or exchanged. There is no cash alternative. No bulk or third party entries accepted.
• The winner will be notified in writing by 15th December 2011.
• The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control.
• By entering this competition, entrants agree to be bound by the rules and by any other requirements set out in the promotional material.
See you next week for question TEN and another fabulous toy idea for your Christmas list