I have a new trick and it works really well, you see I don’t have a lot of time to keep up with what’s good to read out there and what to avoid but lots of my friends and family are avid readers.
I was lucky enough to get given a Kindle a while back and it’s perfect for taking on train journeys if I have to go up to London and of course on holiday, I am able to load lots of books on there and read at leisure all on one device.
So what’s my trick? I write a Facebook status update – I know it’s not groundbreaking stuff but I got so many excellent tips that I thought it would be good to share them.
Top books to read summer 2014
- Life after Life by Kate Atkinson came out tops with most votes. I am half way through it and love it
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. On the Kindle and still to read
- The Hundred Year Old Man Who Climbed Out of The Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson. Brilliant read had me hooked all the way through.
- The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton.
- One Summer by Bill Brysone
- The Monk who Sold his Ferrari by Robin Sharma
- I am Malala by Malala Yousafzai
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- Eeny Meeny by M. J. Arlidge
- Tandem by Alex Morgan
Other suggestions included: Americanah, We Are Completely Beside Ourselves, Sisterland, Raising my rainbow, Shantaram, The Fever Tree, A Change in Altitude and The Making of Miranda.
Do you have anything to add? Please let us know