Trevella Park – voted one of Cornwall’s best holiday parks

Trevella view from our caravan

The first term back to school is usually a pretty hectic one, new school or teacher, new clubs starting up and a plethora of emails and newsletters coming from the school, each one of us in my family is tired and ready for a break by the time autumn half term swings around. Dad had already booked the week off way back in the year and we received an email from Trevella Park in Cornwall asking us to come and visit them. We grabbed the opportunity and a few emails later had booked a week for visiting Cornwall over autumn half term.

Trevella Park dog friendly caravan

Trevella Park

Trevella Park has a wide selection of accommodation possibilities from lakeside lodges, glamping, eco domes and fields with electric hook up for caravans and tents. Whichever solution you choose all of the facilities are open to everyone. As we were taking Baxter with us we were allocated a dog friendly 2 bedroom static caravan which was in the main park with the outdoor swimming pool and children’s park on the green in front of us. This was marvellous as the moment we arrived, both the girls and Baxter were itching to stretch their legs so we were able to unload the car whilst they played outside, Baxter on a lead of course!

I thought it was a lovely touch to find a doggy welcome pack waiting for Baxter which included a bed, a bowl, some treats and some ecological poop bags, thank you Trevella that really was a lovely thought.

Trevella reception

On site we were able to buy a few necessities at the shop, visit reception for information on what was on and where to go and use a laundrette if we needed to. There is free WiFi all over the park (thank you!) and although the swimming pool was closed there were two playgrounds, one with a zip wire which was hugely popular with the twins. There is also fishing in the lake, crazy golf and Ranger Activities organised for the children including pond dipping, crabbing, fishing, bug hunts and rock pooling.

They have a collection of animals for the children to look at and also a pretty cafe which serves food and drinks, from breakfast to take away dinners.

Trevella Park cafe

Once we were settled we decided to walk to the nearby beach Crantock. You can walk directly from the site, it’s a beautiful walk but we hadn’t bargained for how long it was and had both girls moaning and one crying at one point. However once they reached the sand they brightened up, their ‘sore legs’ forgotten and happily walked all the way back, kids eh?

Crantock beach is a wide expanse of sand and a vast bay stretching out to the Atlantic, the surf was excellent and the beach is dog friendly too.

Crantock Beach Cornwall

App for Cornwall

You may think there isn’t a lot to do at this time of year but let me assure you visitors are spoilt for choice. The first thing I did was to download the App for Cornwall This allowed me to find all sorts of ideas of things to do during our stay, dry days and wet days, also in our case, as we were taking Baxter with us, dog friendly places to visit.

On that note I must add that Cornwall is really really dog friendly, Baxter was able to come with us on nearly all of our trips and days out and we managed to find plenty of places to eat who would accept dogs too.

Trevella Park weather rock

Things to do in Cornwall

As you can imagine we managed to do a lot during our stay at Trevella Park and I shall write about them individually. Please also see my Top five beaches in Cornwall post as they still stand family favourites.

Take a look at the Best Days Out in Cornwall website or download the app and you’ll discover there’s a huge list of possibilities, we knew we wanted to get lots of belly boarding in (them not me) but I was also hoping to get out and about a bit. I’m pleased to say we managed a bit of everything, here’s a quick snapshot of what we got up to.

Newquay

The Lost Gardens of Heligan

Mud maiden gardens of Heligan Cornwall

Mevagissey

Mevagissey harbour Cornwall

Porth

Porth Cornwall - climbing rocks

Disclosure: Trevella Park invited us to stay for 4 days in a static caravan, they also gave us two press passes for The Best of Cornwall for the purpose of this post and others that follow. All opinions and words are my own.

1. November 15, 2015 / 9:38 PM

Your pictures have just reminded me how much I love Cornwall. There is so much to do and see and the countryside really is striking!

• November 23, 2015 / 11:13 AM

Cornwall really does have something for everyone Jen. It’s worth a revisit every couple of years in my book.

2. November 16, 2015 / 10:10 AM

It looks like you did a huge amount and had good weather too. Just like Jennifer said, your photos reminded me how lovely Cornwall is (I’ve been to most of the places you show but not for probably 15 years or so) and that it’s high time I went back.

• November 23, 2015 / 11:14 AM

You must, there is so much to do and see, old favourites and lots of new exciting ideas too.

3. November 16, 2015 / 11:21 AM

Looks like a lovely caravan park set in an area with plenty to do for all the family! I love how you could take your dog along too, and the free wifi throughout would definitely be a hit with my kids!

• November 23, 2015 / 11:15 AM

Baxter loved the open spaces, there was a marvellous walk form the camp to the beach which he adored.

4. November 16, 2015 / 11:52 AM

We loved Trevella when we stayed, and Cornwall is just such a fab family holiday isn’t it? Looks like you had great weather too!

• November 23, 2015 / 11:15 AM

Weather was very changeable, that’s why as soon as I spotted a few rays – out came my camera. I’d definitely go back to Trevella, I can see why it won the award.

5. November 16, 2015 / 12:16 PM

Wow, it looks like you had a great time and there certainly is lots to do in Cornwall. It is a long time since we have visited.

• November 23, 2015 / 11:16 AM

It’s wonderful down there and I need to go visit again sometime because I MUST get on to St Michael’s Mount once in my life!

6. November 16, 2015 / 5:07 PM

Goodness me, never realised it before, Cornwall looks a lot like Northern Ireland, stunning scenery and sounds a lot like Norn Ireland too, kind people and loads of things to see and do!xx

7. November 16, 2015 / 6:11 PM

That holiday park does look amazing – certainly one of the better ones that I’ve seen!

I love that there’s an app for Cornwall – I’m surprised more places havent thought of this x

• November 23, 2015 / 11:17 AM

The App for Cornwall was really helpful, such a great idea.

8. November 16, 2015 / 9:05 PM

Corn wall is so beautiful. This place looks really nice .

9. November 16, 2015 / 10:00 PM

What a beautiful place to stay and visit, I love that they included a doggy welcome pack for Baxter (its details like this that make all the difference).

• November 23, 2015 / 11:18 AM

Absolutely, Baxter loved his stay and we felt very welcome with him.

10. November 16, 2015 / 10:17 PM

It sounds like you had a great time. I love the fact that there was a welcome for Baxter too! I look forward to reading your other posts.

11. November 16, 2015 / 11:18 PM

It is great that there is so much for children to do – to me that’s really important in our holiday. We really loved our trip to Cornwall and there was so much we did not get to do. I saw when I went in October that the surfing very much continues even though it isn’t as warm. Thanks for telling me about the App for Cornwall I never knew about that.

• November 23, 2015 / 11:18 AM

I shiver as I watch them waiting out at sea for the next big wave. Not for me but my kids (and dad) loves it!

12. November 17, 2015 / 12:01 AM

I have to admit I adore Cornwall – I will perhaps have to check out Trevella next time we are heading down it looks lovely. x

13. November 17, 2015 / 1:34 PM

Wow – Hell’s Mouth really is incredible. I haven’t visited Cornwall since I was a child. Really must go back there some time.

• November 23, 2015 / 11:19 AM

Hell’s Mouth is beautiful indeed and you can walk along the cliff tops for miles. There’s also a little bar/restaurant where you can park and get refreshments.

14. November 17, 2015 / 2:41 PM

I absolutely love Cornwall and your photos are gorgeous. Crantock beach is so beautiful, will have to have a look at Trevella Park for out UK holiday next year x

15. November 17, 2015 / 7:30 PM

Looks like you stayed in the same caravan as we did. We love Trevella park and have been a couple of times now. That theatre looks brilliant but have to admit we were not impressed by Cornwall Gold

• November 23, 2015 / 11:21 AM

What a coincidence to have the same caravan!
      Sorry to hear you didn’t like Cornwall gold, my two enjoyed it, we were there for about half a day and it was a wet day. Bessie lost her ‘diamonds’ and they were so helpful sending them back to her.

16. November 19, 2015 / 4:40 PM

It’s a long haul for us from Scotland to Cornwall, but we did manage it once and had a great time. I’d love to take the kids again

17. November 22, 2015 / 2:20 PM

I love Cornwall and we try to get there as often as we can – you did so much over 4 days! I think it’s time I started planning another trip ;)

18. November 22, 2015 / 4:09 PM

I haven’t been to Cornwall for years, but it’s on my must visit list. Your pictures are gorgeous…

• November 23, 2015 / 11:22 AM

Thank you so much Emma, I hope you get there some day as it’s truly beautiful. I also hope you get even better weather than we did xx

19. November 23, 2015 / 2:39 PM

What an amazing time you had there Mari and glorious weather too, what an absolute treat. I love the photos, so bright and cheery. We must get back to Cornwall again, such a lovely part of the UK :)

20. November 23, 2015 / 3:44 PM

Wow it looks like you squeezed a lot into your 4 days! I love Cornwall and we used to visit a lot before we moved to the North West…it’s just slightly too far for a quick break now but i do miss the gorgeous beaches and scenery. Looks and sounds like you had a great time.

21. Lisa (Travel Loving Family)
    December 8, 2015 / 10:47 AM

Trevella Park sounds great for families especially with the range of accommodation they offer. We are big fans of Cornwall too, there are so many attractions to choose from for a family holiday. It looks like you managed to fit a lot into your four days:) Great post, thanks for sharing