St Pete’s Florida 2006

I’m reminiscing again and it’s from the same trip as the one we visited Miami only this time we are over the other side of the Sunshine State at the beautiful and very popular destination St Pete’s Florida. Here our tour was to stop for a few days after the hectic running around and Paul and I were ready for some lazy days in the sunshine. Road to St Pete's Florida The approach into St Pete’s if you are coming from the Everglades and Naples as we were, was fascinating. Long stretches of roads sweeping out over the sea for miles into the distance. It is a very exciting lead up. Pelicans on pier St Pete's Florida We stopped for a break at a pier to grab a coffee and stretch our legs. I was amazed at how brave the pelicans were coming right up to you looking for food. They were quite vicious as well so we stayed away from them. I must admit to preferring to see them living naturally like this rather than in zoo’s though. view from St Pete's hotel window Florida Our hotel was on the beach and what a view we had from the window, white sandy beaches and calm seas to take a dip in. In fact at a restaurant one evening we got talking to the couple next to us on their honeymoon and the bride told me to wiggle my toes in the sand as I was walking out to sea, I would soon come across a Sand Dollar which I could pick up, dry out and take home with me. I did and was fascinated by this sea creature I had never seen before. married couple on beach st pete's florida We soon discovered St Pete’s was a popular destination for honeymoon couples and also for weddings. As we sat sipping our beers one lazy afternoon we watched a beautiful beach wedding just in front of us, how lovely! St pete's beach florida What a glorious backdrop for your wedding photos? hotel games florida We spent time by the hotel pool and I was intrigued by the games available for the kids like this one above. Paul and I had a go later once the children had left. You have a stick and you shove your discs to land on the high numbers. It was fun! We had put our names down for the Dolphin Cruise as apparently it’s an ideal spot for seeing dolphin. A short walk to the harbour led us to our boat and off we went into the sunshine on a dolphin spotting tour. NOT ONE DOLPHIN was spotted! Millionaires row St pete's Florida However, look at the scenery, Millionaire’s row laid out in front of us. Beautiful villas with their boats at the end of their personal jettys. villa St Pete's Florida This villa on the corner was my favourite. rowing school There was a rowing school out on the water taking lessons. Paul and Mari St Pete's And of course we had our souvenir picture taken, looking at it, it seems so long ago now! karaoke Our evenings were spent eating in delicious restaurants, drinking in fab bars and erm … singing karaoke after one too many Margheritas. Fortunately for the other guests it was very late, most had gone to bed as my choice of song was Angel by Robbie Williams. I thought (as you do when your tanked up on Margheritas) that I did a splendid job but Paul said it was ‘a bit screechy‘ Needless to say I have left karaoke alone ever since. And luckily no one knew me! american car Two more snapshots I want to share with you, this fabulous American car outside the hotel one night sunset St pete's Florida and I’ll finish with this spectacular sunset.

Time Traveller

If you have a travel post old or new that you’d like to share with #TimeTraveller this week please add it to the Linky below and I’ll be over for a good read.

TimeTravellers

I have put down a few rules to avoid this Linky becoming a dump and run which you can find here.

1. June 12, 2015 / 1:06 PM

That looks absolutely stunning, I would love to visit Florida and it is really nice to see a different side to Florida away from the theme parks and something calmer looking.

• June 24, 2015 / 2:58 PM

It’s well worth exploring further than the parks because like you say there is so much beauty to find.

2. June 12, 2015 / 1:30 PM

I so need to start writing about the places we travelled before blogging began. So many good memories!

• June 24, 2015 / 2:58 PM

I find it very therapeutic, time is the big problem for me but always worthwhile.

3. June 12, 2015 / 3:33 PM

I’d love to explore Florida. We’ve been to Orlando but I know that the coast is beautiful – this post definitely demonstrates that!

• June 24, 2015 / 3:01 PM

I hope you get there Gretta it really is stunning, a very special place indeed.

4. June 14, 2015 / 11:55 AM

I’ve never been to Florida. It’s certainly on my hit-list – looks as though the climate and activities are perfect for families.

• June 24, 2015 / 3:01 PM

Oh do make some time to stretch further than the theme parks, you’ll find some wonderful places as it’s a fascinating region.

5. June 14, 2015 / 12:45 PM

St Pete’s looks heavenly. I would love to live in one of those waterside villas with the private yacht/jetty, even if it was just for a week. How lovely. Shame you didn’t see any dolphins but that’s an excuse to go back, surely?

• June 24, 2015 / 3:03 PM

Yes! I shall return for the dolphins for sure, it’s so much nicer seeing them swimming free than in a theme park. If you manage to get one of those waterside villas to rent, do let me know – I’ll supply the cocktails!

6. June 14, 2015 / 8:00 PM

those Pelicans look quite intimidating, we’ve got many sand dollars collected from CA. I’ve never visited the East coast but your last two posts are making me eager to explore

• June 24, 2015 / 3:03 PM

I can’t wait to hear all about Canada where you are right now, that is another place on my hit list.

7. June 16, 2015 / 8:45 AM

It looks amazing! I’ve been to Florida several times but barely strayed from the theme parks, there’s so much more to see. Loved reading about your travelling memories, and gorgeous photos, I love the sunset!

• June 24, 2015 / 3:05 PM

Thank you Jennifer. It will be time for us to return to the theme parks soon as the girls get closer to the age they’ll really appreciate it but I hope to always make time for something else too. There’s only so much ‘fun’ I can take.

8. June 16, 2015 / 11:24 AM

I live the idea of the Florida Keys

• June 24, 2015 / 3:06 PM

Try it, you won’t be disappointed. We went right down to Key West and it has stayed in my heart ever since.

9. June 16, 2015 / 11:47 AM

I went to Florida as a child and I still have the sand dollars I collected. I would love to go again as an adult and see all the sights. My dad and step-mum almost emigrated out there but chose Cyprus instead – how very dare they!! lol

• June 24, 2015 / 3:07 PM

Mind you Cyprus must be beautiful too, I haven’t been yet but one day … one day.

10. June 16, 2015 / 12:24 PM

Your holiday looks gorgeous! Making me want to go back to Florida now! I’ll add my linky, thank you :)

• June 24, 2015 / 3:07 PM

Ohh thank you, I look forward to reading it in a moment.

11. June 16, 2015 / 3:16 PM

What fabulous memories! That road out into the sea looks awesome.

Another place on my to-do list now.

I’m linking up from my recent Italy trip x

• June 24, 2015 / 3:08 PM

I am really looking forward to reading your Italy trip and seeing what you discovered.

12. This is such a wonderful idea for a linky – to re-visit old holidays like this and to share photos of you before kids! These photos are amazing and I love the stories. Remind me never to go dolphin spotting or drinking with you lol. But I don’t mean that obvs x

• June 24, 2015 / 3:09 PM

It is wonderful looking back isn’t it? sometimes we forget what great places we have seen, this has been a great opportunity to go back in time and relive them.

13. June 17, 2015 / 6:02 PM

What a lovely place to visit – looks gorgeous and just such a perfect holiday place. We’ve also only been to Orlando in Florida. Would love to explore elsewhere.

• June 24, 2015 / 3:10 PM

And of course Robert’s trip to NASA, that must have been amazing. If you do get the chance there is plenty to see, you won’t get bored for sure.