When our Westin gourmet hamper came through we were pleasantly surprised to find some big fat juicy burgers in there and it got me thinking about the summer and barbecues.
However, why keep burgers for summer barbecues? We decided to have them for dinner one night in December and it was an excellent decision.
We cooked them on our George Foreman grill and they were so juicy I heard husband say they were even better than on the barbie … he has never said anything of the sort before, was it the superior quality of Westin Gourmet’s burgers or the George Foreman grill?
Anyway I cooked up some homemade chips in our Halo + Health Fryer (post to follow shortly) and alongside I served a winter slaw.
I almost prefer the winter slaw to the usual coleslaw recipe as it is so much more colourful!
Anyway, we liked this dinner so much it’s becoming fast a weekly favourite and it’s nice to chop and change every now and then isn’t it?
- ½ red cabbage, finely sliced
- ½ white cabbage, finely sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- I used my food processor to finely chop the cabbage, red onion and carrots.
- I transferred all to a large bowl, added the mayonnaise, salt and pepper and mixed well.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days.