Seafood risotto

seafood risotto

I love seafood and when on my recent Morrisons shopping trip to discover their I’m cheaper bargains I found a tray of Seafood that looked so inviting and cheap! I snapped it up for the £2.00 with the thought of the delicious risotto it would make.

seafood selection Morrisons

As mentioned before, making a risotto is a labour of love as you stand over it stirring and pouring in ladle by ladle of stock waiting for the rice to absorb it before adding more

UNLESS

you are the lucky owner of a Sage Multi cooker then life is a lot easier, as all that is required is sautèing off the initial onion, veg and rice and adding all the ingredients before switching the machine to the risotto setting.

Hey presto! Risotto cooks itself and Heston Blumenthal says so too if you don’t believe me!

I love my Sage Multi Cooker. I have had it now for a couple of months and it has already done so many different meals for me, it is wonderful to work with and although it may cost more than an off the shelf slow cooker in my opinion it really is worth while as it offers you so much more.

Here are a couple of my risotto recipes to date that are in season now

Asparagus Risotto

Risotto primavera

I’ll be bringing more risotto ideas your way but in the meantime here’s the recipe for my Seafood risotto.

When you find the Family Meals and Kids Approved labels on the images it means the girls ate it all up.

[yumprint-recipe id=’33’]

1. May 13, 2014 / 10:12 PM

Oh wow yummy, takes me right back to Ibiza town on a family holiday as a tween where we bought seafood from the market and my Dad rustled up the best risotto I’ve ever tasted! Stunning pics too Mari!

• May 16, 2014 / 9:49 AM

Thanks Vicki, I’m wondering which risotto to do tonight as I reply :)

2. May 14, 2014 / 9:16 AM

Thanks for linking up lovely and for your message, no worries at all, fab post x

3. Julie's Family Kitchen
    May 14, 2014 / 7:45 PM

Oh, looks delicious. Your Sage multi cooker sounds like a great kitchen gadget.

• May 16, 2014 / 9:50 AM

It is, I love it and have used it so much, it makes a very good risotto amongst other recipes, something I never trusted a gadget could do

4. May 15, 2014 / 2:13 PM

Hey Mari
    Great post- I would never have thought to use a slow cooker for this dish.
    So do you have to have a Sage Multi Cooker or do you think it would work in any slow cooker?
    #FridayFoodie

• May 16, 2014 / 3:53 PM

Have a Multi Cooker? No, you can cook it on the stove, remember the SAGE acts as slow cooker and risotto maker they are different settings, I’ve not made a risotto in the slow cooker as it does need stirring so it doesn’t stick to the bottom, the SAGE works by lifting the rice as it cooks therefore creating a stirring action and ensuring no sticking ;)

5. May 15, 2014 / 6:49 PM

There is nothing better than a a risotto! And if its a seafood one even better!

Thank you for linking up with #fridayfoodie

6. Amy Rutter
    May 16, 2014 / 9:35 AM

This looks yummy! I’m not that adventurous with fish and seafood but am tempted to give this a try!

• May 16, 2014 / 3:52 PM

You must try it Amy, it was really really easy and even if you don’t have the Sage Multi cooker it’s still easy, see the asparagus risotto I linked to for more info

7. May 19, 2014 / 2:14 PM

I love risotto so much, but tend to stick to my old favourites (wild mushroom, spring veg, squash, tomato and fennel), so will have to give this one a try, as I love seafood too.
    #TastyTuesdays

• May 21, 2014 / 3:37 PM

I think we all have our favourites don’t we but I do try and force myself away from them at times to make for a more varied menu :)

8. Pingback: Friday Foodie Round Up – Fish Dishes {Linky} | Romanian Mum Blog