Legoland Windsor Pirate Shores Ahoy!

legoland windsor

LEGOLAND have revamped their very popular Pirate Shores area for 2014 and we were invited along on Sunday to take a look and report back on our findings. If you’re planning a visit soon make sure you read our Top Tips first to make the most of your day

legoland windsor pirates

Pirate Shores

Pirate Shores has two main rides, Pirate Falls: Treasure Quest, you WILL get wet but there are dryers at the entrance to the ride which cost £2 and the Jolly Rocker which the girls enjoyed so much they went on it three times during the day. Check Legoland Windsor for height restrictions

legoland windsor jolly rocker

We weren’t able to check out the Castaway Camp and the Enchanted Forest as the bad weather this winter had delayed work but a peek through the building enclosure revealed an amazing play area that children are going to love, it’s due to open by May 2014 so keep an eye out for it.

legoland windsor pirate falls

For an additional charge the children can pan for gold at the Pirate’s Goldwash.

There are also a couple of restaurants, The Burger Kitchen and The Pirate BBQ all selling hot food and drinks.

Knights’ Kingdom

A short walk from Pirates Shores is Knights Kingdom another favourite LEGOLAND area of the girls. Check the pavements for dragon footprints and horseshoe marks left from the knights.

legoland windsor knights kingdom

There are three rides in this area the much loved The Dragon a mini roller coaster parting and arriving from the castle. Knights Quest a kind of runaway train on a very bumpy track and Dragon’s Apprentice a mini roller coaster which runs twice around the track.

The Land of the Vikings

A short walk from the Knights Kingdom and you’re in the Land of the Vikings with Viking Games at additional cost but included in your ticket another 4 rides the amazing Vikings’ River Splash (you will get wet on this one), Loki’s Labyrinth, Longboat Invader and the Spinning Spider

legoland windsor spinning spider

Lego City

This is an area well worth a visit and an ‘appointment’ in your schedule as there is a fantastic Pirates of Skeleton Bay stunt show on throughout the day, it’s very entertaining and the children love it, a top tip would be to arrive early and sit on the top of the auditorium for a better view, also make note of the splash zone if you don’t want to get wet during the fun and games ;) We viewed this at midday and it takes about half an hour after which we ate at the City Walk Pizza and Pasta restaurant.

legoland windsor pirates stunt show

City Walk Pizza and Pasta restaurant

legoland windsor city walk pizza and pasta

Excellent value for money, adults £11.95 and children £5.95 for all you can eat. It’s a buffet and you are taken to your table where the waiter/ess hands over plates, cutlery and all the necessities for your meal then you go and help yourselves to salad, pizzas and pasta (there’s only one pasta and it’s Bolognese) You can refill your cups with fizzy drinks or soft drinks as many times as you want too. Don’t forget the children get a Legoland badge each with their meal and can swop them around the park with others from staff or guests (something of a hit with the kids)

legoland orient expedition

Also in Lego City is the arrival and departure of the Orient Expedition, a short train ride around the grounds with lots of fabulous Lego creations of animals to look at as you go, a good one for calming tired children down, there are a couple of water squirters at the beginning of the ride ;)

Digger Challenge was a bit of a tricky game for us as there are two handles to operate on the diggers and it takes a while to get the hang of by which time your told game over! However the kids love it.

L Traffic

What could possibly be more exciting than driving your own car on proper roads with traffic lights, Stop signs and everything kids see on our roads? The Driving School is for children aged 6 – 12

legoland windsor driving school

Kingdom of the Pharaohs

Laser Raiders is the ride inside the building, four people to a car which follows a track in the darkened caves, each person has a laser gun and as you ride you will find lights to shoot at, if you hit the light your gun makes a noise and your score is recorded, we all loved this ride and got very competitive.

Duplo Valley Splash & Play

We were able to visit Duplo Valley at the opening last year and the girls loved it Brickville is a fantastic play area that if you are tired and need a rest, this is the place to stop, there are plenty of structures to play on and it’s in a cordoned off area.

legoland windsor duplo valley

Also there are some great rides especially for the smaller children including Fairytale Brook, a boat takes you around the brook and you are greeted by your favourite fairy tale characters from the story books, a huge hit with our twins.

legoland windsor fairytale brook

There are a lot more areas to discover and before you go make sure you read my LEGOLAND Top Tips post so you’re prepared for the Best Day Out Ever. #Fact

Disclosure: We were invited to spend a day out at LEGOLAND to see the new Pirate Shores area

1. April 16, 2014 / 9:47 AM

My son loves Legoland and just went too! He is preparing his own post of top tips, but loved looking at yours with me, especially the photos. Sounds a great day.

• April 24, 2014 / 8:56 PM

Very good idea to write his own top tips, I’m sure he has many more that I wouldn’t have thought of. It’s a fantastic day out and one we always go back to each year.

• April 24, 2014 / 9:01 PM

It was lovely to see you too and it’s one of those family days that leave you smiling for a long time after

2. April 24, 2014 / 8:55 AM

I am itching to take the kids this summer! My youngest would adore the Duplo area and the big two love their rides!

• April 24, 2014 / 9:02 PM

We’ve never been able to use the Duplo area as it’s been too cold but it looks amazing, go you won’t regret it, there’s a competition on my blog right now to win £250 towards a day at a theme park and Legoland is one of them ;)

3. April 24, 2014 / 9:03 AM

what a stunning post!! Theh colours are incredible. And oh I so want to go to Legoland. It is YEARS since I last went. I might have to go.

Purely for research purposes. Unless you want to lend me some small people :-)

• April 24, 2014 / 9:04 PM

They would certainly go back tomorrow if they could, they loved it and you never get to see everything because there isn’t enough time in the day. I loved Miniland too, fascinating to walk around it and spot the sights

4. April 24, 2014 / 11:05 AM

My kids are DESPERATE to go again! They view Legoland as some kind of heaven! I swear I know the words to the pirate show but they love it anew every time we go! Totally due for a visit – you’ve reminded me! Or maybe THEY did – EVERY day of the Easter hols! xx

• April 24, 2014 / 9:05 PM

Ha ha me heartie :D had to be done. Go, take them, you know they’ll totally love it and think you are the best mum ever, which you are but it’s good to remind them too every now and then right?

5. April 24, 2014 / 12:20 PM

Oh i do love Legoland might have to sneak a day off school…

• April 24, 2014 / 9:06 PM

Ssshhhhh don’t tell everyone or they’ll all go along. Actually Insert days are probably the best days to visit as a lot quieter – loved your garden piece I read earlier, simply gorgeous xx

6. April 24, 2014 / 12:44 PM

Emily Leary just popped in and she was there yesterday, so now my kids are dying to go again! It really looks fab Mari, I can see it would be worth another trip – we love pirates! How cute are your little drivers?

• April 24, 2014 / 9:07 PM

They loved that driving and went for it a second time sadly though second time round the girl asked how old they were so they replied 5 and weren’t allowed back on :(
      Never mind, next we go, and I’m sure there’ll be a repeat, they’ll most likely be 6

7. April 24, 2014 / 1:57 PM

oh legoland we miss you so much! the pirate area looks great and your girls look really happy!

• April 24, 2014 / 9:08 PM

Aww Otilia I hate it when you get homesick for these shores but it was a wonderful day out, the girls loved it.

8. April 24, 2014 / 3:12 PM

Legoland is such good fun isn’t it? I still remember my son trying to dismantle one figure at the Florida park last year – he discovered they glue them together! :D

• April 24, 2014 / 9:09 PM

Ha ha! I bet they glue them together … can you imagine cleaning the park of an evening after hundreds of kids had tried to ‘help’ with the construction? NIGHTMARE! Bring on the superglue

9. April 24, 2014 / 7:11 PM

Still one of the places we’ve never visited and we totally should it’s not far and it looks amazing!

• April 24, 2014 / 9:10 PM

It’s an excellent theme park perfect for small children and even the adults have lots of fun too, go if you can x

10. April 24, 2014 / 7:53 PM

Like Mummy Barrow, it’s years since I’ve been. We will both have to borrow some little ones I think :-)

• April 24, 2014 / 9:11 PM

Yes it really was, plus one they will remember fondly so that’s good as memories were made

11. April 24, 2014 / 9:10 PM

It won’t be long now before our first visit so I will make sure I take note of all your tips. My son is just getting into Lego but my husband is absolutely obsessed!!

• April 24, 2014 / 9:13 PM

Ha ha your husband is going to have a fantastic time – he’ll be in heaven. It’s a really good theme park and very cleverly thought out – have fun!

12. April 24, 2014 / 9:55 PM

we went last year for ronnie birthday and stayed over in the hotel in the pirate room it was fantastic!

13. April 24, 2014 / 10:35 PM

We spent the weekend at Legoland – your photos are fab mrs! x

14. April 25, 2014 / 9:57 AM

Was gutted not to go the other weekend – we are huge Lego fans and love Legoland. I’ve not eaten there before and this sounds really good value for money.