Our first visit from the Tooth Fairy.

MUCH excitement was to be had on holiday over half term as the wobbly teeth belonging to Alice were hanging on by a thread.

alice teeth

We missed ‘catching’ the first tooth, who knows where it ended up? So you can imagine the panic – we were away from home, in a holiday resort with lots of other children. We convinced Alice to write a letter to the Cornish Tooth Fairy explaining what had happened.

You see, Alice was convinced the tooth was in her throat.

letter to tooth fairy

Fortunately fairies are very clever and they have magic wands so have lots of resources available to sort out problems like these, plus Alice knew first hand from Daniel in her class, who’d had a similar plight but he’d swallowed his. The fairy came anyway and was able to locate his tooth and leave a reward.

As you can imagine we had an early start the next day as Alice was up at first light and so very pleased to find a gold coin in exchange for her tooth. The Tooth Fairy, who’s writing is uncannily like mine, wrote a note back to Alice thanking her.

tooth fairy letter

The delight in Alice’s face lasted for days and it reminded both Dad and I of how the small things are often the most important ones. One day she will understand and hopefully she too will see that a little make believe can change a little girl’s world and make her dream… and now we are wiggling Bessie’s teeth in the hope they start to loosen a bit too.

All the Small Things - MummyNeverSleeps

1. March 4, 2014 / 11:43 AM

Love this :) You’re so right, we have a few fairies too who visit occasionally and they do WONDERS! The most inspired was the Poo Fairy when we were potty training Bean… *cough* Am still uber impressed with that fairy’s handwriting – gorgeous! Thanks so much for linking up my love x

• March 6, 2014 / 1:51 PM

Looks like the fairies are so popular in this house, we’ll be making some peg ones this weekend … it can both ways.

2. March 4, 2014 / 11:43 AM

Oh my word that is just adorable – what a clever tooth fairy! Great photo too :)

• March 6, 2014 / 1:51 PM

It’s a tiny moment that will get forgotten if not recorded so I am so pleased for this Linky.

3. Katie Kitchen
    March 4, 2014 / 9:27 PM

We have lost about 6 teeth now but only caught 2 – the first to be saved was extracted cannily by a friend on holiday only being allowed near my son because she is a Dr! The tooth fairy here has received many ‘I am really sorry but it is in my tummy!’ letters :)

Poo fairy, dummy fairy, we even had a Christmas fairy who popped by every evening to see if F had been good leaving him a xmas joke which he loved!

• March 6, 2014 / 1:52 PM

These fairies are real grafters aren’t they? I am just in love with how much the girls BELIEVE at the moment, it’s so sweet

4. March 4, 2014 / 9:45 PM

I reckon the Tooth Fairies (because, according to the Cheetah Keeper, there are several, placed at strategic points around the equator with specific parts of the world to visit so they don’t all get tired)shoul dbe running the world; great writing, great ideas, a ready supply of cash and an ample dose of magic. Sounds perfect.

• March 6, 2014 / 1:53 PM

You have an excellent point there Jenny, maybe we should suggest something to Mr Cameron?

5. March 4, 2014 / 10:09 PM

Awh I love this and am so impressed by the tooth fairy leaving a letter. They have never done that in my house ha. I love how they do kisses at that age :) xx

• March 6, 2014 / 1:54 PM

Very cute kisses aren’t they? Damn good fairies in these parts, mind you it was the first tooth so a bit of fuss had to be made

6. March 4, 2014 / 10:55 PM

Ah life would be so much easier if we all just believed..

This had me smiling. Clever fairies eh! :)

• March 6, 2014 / 1:55 PM

NEVER stop believing English Dad, take my word for it ;)