Pasta speck e radicchio

spaghetti speck and radicchio

Many of you will know I had my daughter and granddaughter over from Italy last week and in their suitcases they brought over some treasures for me, all in the way of good food that I miss over here.

The first product is Speck a juniper flavoured ham originally from Tyrol, it is used in panini, antipasti – served with gherkins and other salamis. It’s also used in risottos and canederli – recipe to follow soon.

The second product is some fresh radicchio, you can find it over here but not as widely and I have only seen it here in the pre prepared salad bags and not nearly enough quantity for me to do anything with. Radicchio is a white veined red leafed chicory, it has a bitter, spicy taste and is delicious in salads or grilled as a side.

I have used the two for a pasta speck e radicchio, ideally I would have used tagliolini but they’re hard to come by in my neck of the woods too so I used spaghetti as personally I think this recipe is better on a long pasta.

[yumprint-recipe id=’16’]

1. November 23, 2013 / 1:49 PM

Mmmmmm, looks delicious. I’m glad your girls could bring you some treats to enjoy. Have you tried growing Radicchio? We grew lettuce for the first time this year and it was ridiculously easy so it might get you round the supply issue x

2. November 23, 2013 / 4:43 PM

I could quite happily wolf that lot down now – big pasta fan here and this recipe looks lush, bookmarking!

3. November 23, 2013 / 5:49 PM

That looks amazing! I love pasta and the fact that you can put together lovely flavoured dishes so easily. I will definitely try this one

4. November 23, 2013 / 6:47 PM

*pops round your house for tea* Yum!

5. Ali Clifford
    November 23, 2013 / 6:56 PM

Oh my, Love a meal that doesn’t take AGES to cook – it’s on the list for next week!

6. November 23, 2013 / 7:45 PM

ooooh Mari you are really spoiling me with this lovely pasta dish – fancy coming over and making it for me? There is some dalek cake for dessert? x will pin x

7. November 23, 2013 / 11:12 PM

Mari, I saw this morning at about 7am. I actually wanted it for breakfast! :D x

8. November 24, 2013 / 12:05 AM

I could probably eat that for breakfast, lunch and supper if I was given the chance. Looks absolutely delicious. Will definitely be trying!

9. November 24, 2013 / 8:16 AM

YUMMY! I am sure this one would go down a treat at home. I love lots of strong flavours with pasta as I can only eat the gluten-free spaghetti, which tastes a bit different

10. November 24, 2013 / 4:30 PM

Oh my gosh, that looks SO delicious! It also looks simple enough to make, which makes it even more appealing – thanks for sharing the recipe.

11. November 24, 2013 / 4:58 PM

Speck and radicchio is one of my absolute favourite flavour combinations! We usually have it with risotto but looking forward to trying out your version!