365 photography diary #27

TheBoyandMe's 365 Linky

29th June – Saturday

Robbie Williams Wembley 2013

Along with three school mums we made our way up to Wembley for the Robbie Williams Take the Crown tour, we had a great night out, I have a post and video to come. What did I think? Over priced drinks (£7.50 for a Pimms), staff shortchanging me wasn’t good, when I pointed it out the lad disappeared ….Robbie, as carismatic as ever but was there really need to belt out your new song ‘Go f*@k yourself’, I may be getting old but once I’d heard that I lost interest I’m afraid. Lots of parents had bought their kids along thinking it would be a family friendly show and at £75 a ticket they forked out big monies. I’m not sure they were so pleased with Rob’s outburst either.

30th June – Sunday

westgate on sea

Day spent at the beach with sunshine, they made sandcastles, they went in the sea, they tried out the new dinghy and we took them from the car to their beds so exhausted were they when we arrived home. Beautiful family day.

1st July – Monday

headteachers award

Oh how my heart beat proudly as I pulled Alice’s certificate out of her book bag, of course Bessie wants one now too and has been practising hard all week the tricky words with her dad. Bless her I hope she gets one but if she doesn’t then I’ll tell her maybe next year will be her turn ;)

2nd July – Tuesday

christmas in july toy fair

I was invited by UKmumsTV to judge the best toys for Christmas 2013, I took my job very seriously as you can see, I chose my top ten and there are some fabulous gifts on offer this year, really interesting, a post to follow this week with my faves ;)

3rd July – Wednesday

flower pot in garden

Possibly the only flower pot in the garden doing so well, a couple look very sad but this one is a beauty, just a shame the light that day wasn’t great.

4th July – Thursday

oven Argos

And a dream came true thanks to Argos who contacted me a while back asking me to review a product from their White Goods selection. We have desperately needed a new oven since we moved in so we grabbed the chance. The first thing I cooked was pasta for the girls on the hob (seems a perfect start to me) and secondly frozen fish and chips in the oven on Friday night when Mum and Grandad returned from their two month stint in Sardegna – easy meal. BUT I have a fabulous combi recipe for you which I used whilst waiting for the new one to be plumbed in, sitting on the top are my turkey puffs, recipe to follow.

5th July – Friday

tesco christmas in july 2013 styling

I spent the morning at The Westbury hotel in Londonlooking at the Tesco Christmas in July range and I could have bought a ton of stuff, I am not kidding. Another post to follow, boy am I going to be busy this week! What really caught my eye were the houses made out of Tesco biscuits by the stylists to create such an enchanting effect. The styling was very rustic, homely and totally wowed me, like I said great post to follow but here’s two other ideas that caught my eye, jam jars used to serve lemonade and flowers displayed in a covered tin.

jam jar glasses

tesco flowers

Have a great week all, there should be plenty of sunshine, more Christmas in July and lots of family moments as we wind down at the end of the school year

Mari xx

Comments

• says

Concert was great but a little disappointing and the beach shot is good isn’t it because IMO they weren’t looking and aware I was shooting them

1. says

I’m a bit jealous as I wanted to see Robbie but it was so expensive! I’d expect a fair bit of swearing from him, but with Olly supporting I bet there were quite a few people with kids there (my daughter wanted to go but I’m glad I said no now!) The beach photo is lovely.

• says

I know robbie has a huge ego and I know some swear words will slip in but the ENTIRE song just a repetition of Go F yourself? Not exactly creative is it? I guess he was angry with someone when he wrote it?

2. says

Those biscuit houses really took the biscuit didn’t they!
    What a shame about the Robbie concert! I’m afraid, as much as I like his music, as a person, his ego is just too big!

• says

Yes and although his ego was what made him stand out previously and I forgave him for it, seeing him in action actually turned me off :( I won’t bother going to see him again but Olly was brilliant and definitely one to look out for

3. Jennypaulin says

wow Mari you have had a busy week! i was envious of you going to see Robbie but i think i would have been a bit disappointed at the swearing in that song too :( and very expensive too wasnt it?
    i adore the photo of your two gorgeous daughters walking hand in hand along that beach and what a brilliant review to have an oven to test out! nothing wrong with pasta, its what i cook the most of i think!
    christmas in july – i have been pinning lots of ideas this week lol love christmas x x

• says

It has been busy and looks like this one will be too – no peace for the wicked they say but I’m so looking forward to some downtime soon with the girls when they break up

4. says

You’ve had such a busy week! I love the photo of the girls walking along the beach. I’m a bit of a cynic about all this Christmas in July business at the moment; I get why it needs to be done now but there are so many bloggers going on about it and starting to blog activities and the like that I’m getting overpowered by it all. I’d just like Summer in July first of all!

Hope the cooker doesn’t disappoint!

Thanks for linking up to Project 365

• says

I see what you’re saying about Christmas in July and talking to some of the product managers, some things they don’t even showcase to avoid their ideas being pinched. Tesco are doing a kit for a make your own Croque en bouche which is genius and fun to do too.
      Have a great weekend and enjoy the beautiful sunshine x

• says

I am in love with my oven Jaime so definitely not wrong. This week I’m going to test it with cake and see how that works ;)

5. Coombe Mill (Fiona) says

What a busy bee you’ve been! Shame about the Robbie concert, nobody likes to feel they have been ripped off.

6. stressymummy says

I would love to see Robbie in concert but I never get myself organised in time! I bet it was amazing! Lovely oven, lots more recipes from you then?