BRITA have been a family name for a long time, we have had one in our home for years but the jug broke and was thrown out only never to be replaced but we continue to be big water drinkers all the same, the girls preferring water over most juices and they still have no idea what Coca Cola is – yeeesssss!
When BRITA got in touch and asked me to take on a month’s water challenge back in February, I jumped at the chance. As you all know I was in a massive ‘Get in my dress‘ campaign and needed to lose about half a stone to fit comfortably, I know from my biggest diet ever after I gave up smoking that water played an ENORMOUS role in losing the 5 kilos and returning me to a happier, healthier self so I was up for it.
My brand new Brita jug arrived and also a Fill and Go water bottle which works in the same way as you insert a smaller filter under the lid so any water you drink has been filtered. It’s a handy size and allows you to keep track of how much you’re drinking throughout the day.
Off I went. I’m used to having a pint glass of water on the go during the day, I try to drink two by lunch time and another two during the afternoon and evening. If I get to four pints of water in a day I’m really pleased with myself and I find it much easier to accomplish this as the weather warms up.
Fill and Go water bottle for YOU
BRITA are kindly offering Mari’s World readers 10 Fill and Go water bottles to try out and see for yourselves just how handy they are, so please leave a comment below saying you’d like one and 10 readers will be chosen at random. Make sure I have your email address on the comment form or a way of contacting you (twitter handle) Give away closes Friday 22nd March 2013 at midnight ;)
Why drink water?
There are many benefits to drinking water, if you think that our bodies are made up of 2/3 of water it might strike you just how important it is to keep topped up and more importantly FRESH.
Remember those headaches you get? Our brain is made up of 90% water, try drinking a glass or two of water and watch the headache disappear. Our blood consists of 80% water too so to keep a healthy engine running a good turnover of fuel is important too.
Benefits of drinking water
- Lose weight. Drinking water helps to lose weight by flushing out the toxins. Drinking water reduces hunger and has zero calories. Try drinking a large glass of water before a meal and see the difference yourself
- Natural remedy for a headache. Dehydration is a common cause of many aches and pains; back pain, headache, sore limbs a particularly bad period? try drinking more water and flush it out
- Healthier skin. And a younger you! Skin is the largest body organ, keep it hydrated so it is younger looking and increase the elasticity
- Better productivity. Like I said your brain is 90% water, by keeping yourself hydrated you’ll be more alert and be able to concentrate more.
- Feel energetic. Drinking water regulates your body temperature it fuels your muscles and therefore makes you feel more energetic so if you’re feeling lethargic, drink water!
- Keep a regular digestive system going. There’s nothing like a slow bowel to make you feel sluggish and bring you out in spots, drinking water raises your metabolism and helps get the digestive system moving, keeping you regular.
- No sprains and cramps. Water helps keep your joints and muscles lubricated so you’re less likely to suffer sprains or get cramps.
- Stay healthy. Drinking lots of water helps fight against flu and many other ailments too including heart attack. It improves your immune system.
- Relieves fatigue. Water is used by the body to help flush out toxins and waste products from the body. If your body lacks water, your heart, for instance, needs to work harder to pump out the oxygenated blood to all cells, so are the rest of the vital organs, your organs will be exhausted and so will you.