It is a fact that curry is Britain’s best loved dish and Patak is launching a nationwide search to find Britain’s biggest curry fan – could it be you? Once found, this person will become Patak’s Official Curry Taster 2012, the voice of the nation when it comes to tasting curry and helping out with product at patak HQ as well.
What qualifications do you need? Well none really other than know your curries, you will need to convince the Patak’s panel of judges that you are Britain’s biggest curry fan.
The winner will spend a year in curry heaven with a year’s supply of Patak’s sauces, pastes, pickles and poppadums. You will attend new product development days and you will recieve batches of curries to taste and comment upon. Anjali Patak will go to the winner’s home and give a masterclass in Indian cooking.
Where do you go to apply? The Patak Facebook page of course!
Patak sent me a box of goodies to get me ready for Britains National Curry Week and last night being a Monday, the toughest day of the week for me as I’m usually on a massive catch up after the weekend so I plumped for a ready made sauce, their Tikka Masala ready sauce for 2 to be precise and dinner was on the table in 20 minutes, just what I need on a Monday.
The sauce was hot! Hotter than the Tikka Masala our local take away drops off in a messy plastic bag which usually stains the kitchen surface for a couple of weeks too. Very easy to prepare and mopped up with Patak naan breads we really enjoyed our dinner.
Our Patak box contains pastes, sauces and the brand new stir fry sauces in pouches, we have been sent the Bengali Coconut to try and I shall prepare this at the weekend as all I need is a tray of chicken pieces and some green peppers
But as it’s National Curry Week I can’t go without a recipe can I? So here I give you
Creamy Lamb Masala (Malai Gosht)
How to make Creamy Lamb Masala – Malai Gosht
- Heat the oil in a pan, crackle cumin seed for 1 minute, add sliced onions and cook till soft and golden brown.
- Add ginger, garlic and korma paste with 50 ml of water and simmer till all the water is evaporated
- Add diced lamb and cook on high till the lamb is seared. Add the cashew nuts, butter, the rest of the water and cook on medium till the lamb is cooked.
- Add single cream and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Check the seasoning and add salt and sugar.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve with rice and naan breads
Disclosure: We were sent a box of Patak goodies to celebrate National Curry Week