You really need to try these – trust me.
I am a self confessed chocoholic and it’s Easter where anything goes so can you imagine my joy when I fell upon The Londoner who I had never heard of before, but this girl has stolen my heart in one foul swoop with her Slutty Brownies. I would love to tell you this is my recipe but it’s not, can I say she also has Mars Bar Melts, I must have stumbled upon the Goddess of Chocolate.
The lady calls these guys slutty and I know why – I have tasted them. They are filthy dirty and one bite will have you hooked.
They are incredibly easy to throw together and even easier to clear out of the house before any real damage is done. If you are calorie conscious then Do Not Go There – you have been warned.
I decided to make them when I had my niece and nephew over for a few days over Easter. Aged 12 and 10 I knew they could safely put away half the tin in a bat of an eyelid and save my midrift from damage.
Here’s how we did it
- 1 packet of chocolate chip cookie mix
- 1 packet of chocolate fudge brownie mix
- 2 packets of Orio double stuffed biscuits
- 1 egg
- a little vegetable oil
- Make up the cookie mix as per the instructions adding a little extra water if necessary.
- Spread the mixture over the base of a lined tin. I cut my baking paper to fit the base of the tin but next time I will allow it to come up the sides too for easier removal from the tin at the end.
- Cover the cookie mixture with a layer of Orios
- Make up the brownie mixture as instructed on the box and pour over the Orio layer.
- Cook as per box instructions - 20 - 25 mins or until the mixture springs under your touch
Whatever you do, they won’t hang around too long so make sure you replace the ingredients on your next shopping list
Happy Easter and chocolate fest!
I’m entering this beauty into the April Tea Time Treats over at Lavendar and Lovage where the prompt for April was Easter