I wrote a while back about Super Foods and Blueberries are one of them so how about I present you with a delicious easy recipe for making Blueberry Muffins that are also LOW CALORIE???
I know it’s amazing isn’t it? Your favourite muffins with only 129 calories and only 3.5% fat per serving.
A perfect breakfast option or an afternoon snack they went down extremely well in this house. I saw a Tweet a few weeks back now from @BakingMadUK looking for bloggers who wanted to have a go at one of their fabulous recipes, I was sent a whole list of low calorie recipes to choose from (you really must check it out) and then they sent me through the ingredients, all I had to provide were the fresh bits (margarine, blueberries etc) as they don’t travel so well :)
This was a really quick and easy recipe to prepare and I would definitely repeat it only I have my eye on the Low Calorie Banoffe Layer first. Find Baking Mad on Facebook too for daily inspiration
Don’t forget it’s Foodie Friday, I shall be inviting bloggers across the internet to link up with a recipe to get your tastebuds going and give you some inspiration over the weekend – Happy Cooking and check back later or have a look at last weeks Foodie Friday, there were some excellent ideas.
Low Calorie Blueberry Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 180C, fan oven 160C, Gas mark 4
- Line a 12 hole Muffin tin with muffin cases
- Sieve the flour and baking powder together twice into a large bowl.
- Add the margarine and rub gently until it resembles breadcrumbs; stir in the sugar and blueberries
- Whisk the eggs, milk and lemon juice together and add to the flour mixture. Stir gently but do not over mix
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases and bake for 20 – 25 minutes. Serve warm for breakfast or afternoon tea
Calling all foodies! Please link up with a favourite recipe for the readers to mull over and be inspired this weekend, have a great weekend all