This is a simple recipe to follow which gives excellent results, Spaghetti alla Pescatore is a popular choice in Italy where fresh seafood is abundant and can be easily bought in every town in the country however it comes out just as well by using a packet of frozen seafood which can stay in your freezer up to 3 months and therefore be on hand for a 30 min dish on the table just when you need it.
It’s perfect for entertaining and not expensive either ( 350g bag of mixed seafood form Tesco is currently £3.75) and there are two options to choose from ‘in bianco’ or ‘rosso’ the second being with the addition of tomato sauce making it ‘red’. Check the ingredients and then follow the video for instructions :)
Ingredients for 2 people
I x packet of frozen mixed seafood – or make it more difficult 10 clams, 10 mussels, 20 calamari rings and 10 tiger shrimps!
1 x spaghetti or linguine (long pasta is better for this dish)
1 glass of white wine
1 clove of garlic
Handful of chopped parsley
salt and pepper
I added – capers and anchovies but they’re not essential
You could also add chopped chilli for a kick if you like again not essential
If you wish to make it ‘rosso’ you will need to add a tomato sauce for pasta
- Put a large pan of salted water on to boil for the spaghetti
- Heat a glug of olive oil in a deep frying pan add the frozen seafood and cover. Allow to come back to a high temperature and add the glass of wine
- I added capers, anchovies and chopped garlic at this point and continued cooking. If you want a red sauce add your tomato sauce now.
- Add the chopped parsley and cover leaving sauce to simmer. It should cook for about 20 mins whilst you wait for the water to come to the boil and the spaghetti to then cook.
- Cook spaghetti in the salted boiling water until al dente. Drain and add to the pasta sauce
- Toss and serve immediately