The Gallery – Still Life

Who made the selection and who didn’t?

These guys made it!

Another cupboard that has seen a drastic wipe out ready for the house move has been the drinks cupboard and I’m assuming most houses have the same as ours did pre – clear out.

Dregs in a bottle of Ouzo dating back to a lads holiday about 20 years ago – never touched since.

A bottle of Rucolino – untouched – my Italian friends will hold their hands up in horror, but the fact is we just don’t drink it here. Chucked down the sink.

A half bottle of Limoncello, delicious when sipped by the sea on a hot Italian summer night – loses its appeal back home when a cup of tea does just the job.

A bottle of Bum – I kid you not. There is a rum sold by that name in Prague airport. It tickled me pink when I gave a bottle to my brother one Christmas and repeatedly asked people if they’d like some of Dom’s Bum :)

So who made my scrutinous selection? Well the bottle of Veuve, Christmas pressie from Jean waiting  to be cracked open in the new gaff – can’t wait and can’t believe I haven’t already drank it!

Vodka from Warsaw – the real mc coy, delicious over ice cream.

Pimm’s –  the summer is almost here and I love a Pimm’s with all the fruit.

Brandy – for cooking and colds/flu ie in milk with honey.

Irish whiskey – not my favourite this one though.

Port – My other half drinks it but only twice a year (Don’t ask!)

and Gordon’s, one of my favourite tipples is a G + T with ice and a slice.

Have you got any monster alcohol hanging around at the back of your drinks cupboard?

1. @jencull (jen)
    June 2, 2010 / 2:36 PM

Lol @ dons bum! Yep, have dregs that are years old, must do a clear out too. Great photo:) Jen.

• June 3, 2010 / 12:17 PM

We kept stuff for years, just in case, or ‘that might come in handy and I got fed up with it all lying about! :)

2. Alessandra
    June 2, 2010 / 3:06 PM

Nothing survives that long in my drink cupboard!!! Apart, now that I think of it, a half a bottle of whisky left by my Dad after his visit last year. It’s still there, waiting for his next trip to England, only because I cannot really stand whisky….anything else, even the dodgy limocello or that bottle of Ouzo that seemed a good idea in Greece, they all get their fair chance with me….
    xx

• June 3, 2010 / 12:21 PM

Ha ha, good for you. I ussally drink a glass of wine to wind down and find if I drink stronger stuff I get a massive headache the next day – I’m getting old and prefer to be lucid the next day now…

3. Booperkit
    June 2, 2010 / 6:51 PM

Nope. Soon as it’s in the house its down my neck.

• June 3, 2010 / 12:22 PM

Bloody marvellous! good for you :)

4. Karen @ If I Could Escape . . .
    June 2, 2010 / 7:42 PM

The only thing that lasts in my house is the Bailey’s! LOL Love it!

• June 3, 2010 / 12:24 PM

Delicious Baileys mmmm. Trouble is I drink too much of it as I always get thristy and knock it back too quickly. So I tend to stay clear of it now. Cheers!

5. June 2, 2010 / 6:43 PM

Yep, we’ve got a few candidates for the recycling lurking at the back of the cupboard!

• June 3, 2010 / 12:22 PM

Ouzo by any chance??? It never tastes as good as it does in the country of origin does it?

6. Nova
    June 2, 2010 / 8:30 PM

Haha…..great photo. Mine is an alcoholic picture too. :0)

• June 3, 2010 / 12:24 PM

I haven’t got round everyone yet, but I’m working on it, pop over soon x

7. Crystal Jigsaw
    June 2, 2010 / 9:00 PM

We do have a box of alcoholic drinks in the house but they never come out. The husband and I don’t drink! They’re probably vintage by now!

CJ xx

• June 3, 2010 / 12:25 PM

You might be able to make a few bob on them then? :) Wine goes up in price if it’s the right bottle and right year.
      thanks for popping by xx

8. Carol
    June 4, 2010 / 10:56 AM

The ideal summer drink is like the ideal summer’s girl LONG COOL and HALF FULL of GIN That’s ME !!! Seems it’s going to be a hot weekend !!!
    As for our drinks cupboard low on gin but plenty of A.N Other Even some left over since our daughter’s wedding some 25 years ago – which has moved house twice. Guess Bacardi is unfashionable – will it be past it’s sell by date?

9. Mother Hen
    June 8, 2010 / 12:51 PM

We have vodka with the label in a foreign script that I keep just for fun to freak out guests!

• June 8, 2010 / 2:12 PM

Ha ha, a foreign label does give a certain mystery doens’t it :)